1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Cause 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
  2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hmm i guess it depends on how much entertainment you get attaching balloons and rocket engines onto stuff, vs being horrified by the water "textures."

sofar the fun of sending things to space still holds up.

the water does look awful, and sofar a distinct lack of quarky interesting characters in the story but not that far into it.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Started playing JC3 around a month ago and got quite far in to the game before kinda loosing interest, stupidly I opted to purchase JC4 because I thought this would bring me back to the game and.... well no, haven't run the game once. Have seen reviews, and comments and other stuff about the varying levels of quality of the game and ended up thinking well I have JC3, I have most of the addon DLC for it, I haven't completed this game yet and I know it works. So why keep JC4? So have just requested a refund.

May take a look at it in a few months time once all the DLC is out and it can be bought at a knock down price.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    At least you can get a refund. I'm stuck with my damn game :(

And who the hell uses button "1" for opening the map? Damn!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Singleton99 and AsiJu like this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    just bought this and being a huge fan of jc2 im hoping it at least scratches that itch again my only worry being if i can run it even on low as long as it doesnt have that stupid log in online i should be good to go. the key remap issue has been fixed so i read.

I can understand why some would be thinking why would you buy this right now but ive bought so few games this year and avoided so many others on top *fallout 76* im kinda investing in this as something that could be fixed up nicely over time while still providing a level of fun even if i do have to play it on as low low how low can you go settings. im a massive fan of the series and that is what fans do i guess they go in blindly and with a level of hope for the future!!!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It has?
    The game hasn't been updated at all yet.

And yeah online and leaderboards but you can just firewall block the exe again to force it into offline mode but then you have to activate the license manually via CodeFusions website instead for Denuvo.

EDIT: It also loads quicker than JC3 did with the online connectivity although it might load quicker still with it disabled then.

9. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  10. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    spent 97 minutes with the game and i gotta say Im not getting much of the negativaty the game runs fantastic for me and im below min spec and the game world and how it plays is EXACTLY like i hoped it would always be i am easily getting over 40 plus frames at all times which I really was not expecting with much of the settings on high. the differance between this and jc3 for me at least is night and day as I spent countless hours with that game trying to get it to work as this already does!!! Is it just me or is there a tiny tomb raider vibe to this mixed in with jc2?? The most pleasing aspect apart from the controls feels nice and tight is that i get zero slow down when in a gun fight or blowing shiz up and the engine actually feels miles better this time around with a world full of way more verticality that was completely missing i felt from jc3. I found myself in a deep cave and had to spend a while grappling my way back out rock to rock just as i used to do playing jc2 and the added little details sparks smoke and reflections and all that are great.

one thing they did get right tho yeah that water is fking terrible even at very high setting and yeah the game does look and feel rough at times but i just wanted it to run well and be fun to play and both them boxes are ticked in a very high manner I doubt i could be happier right now no performance issues and no crashes or major bugs a happy bunny am i. when I first started the game and it ran well I was like oh yer sure it runs good now in a tutorial mission but wait until the world opens up then it runs like crappola but it didnt for once it ran exactly the same.

oh yer the camera is so much better too!!

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Just Cause 3 did have problems scaling down in terms of hardware, it's said to run well these days but that's 3+ years since 2015 and hardware that likely has several times the recommended requirements in power even if the game itself might not scale to the hexa and octa core CPU's or need the additional RAM but GPU improvements and SSD speeds ensure it likely forces through bottlenecks.

I can't afford constantly upgrading though aside from usually the GPU in-between major upgrades though I don't believe the patches did that much overall to improve performance compared to just having GPU's that are double or higher overall performance from back then and possibly avoiding HDD bottlenecks and streaming hiccups. :)

In that regard Just Cause 4 does better but not by much, benchmarks will have Just Cause 3 running faster but that's on max settings and on lower-end hardware the results are likely different.
    For Just Cause 4 settings wise it seems SSAO whatever the game is using for ambient occlusion in detail is the biggest hitter at 20% or more framerate gain if disabled and the rest are around 10% or less which is curious too.

Water's just broken somehow though and the screen space reflections are either broken or off or almost absent along with the tech seen in the prior game somehow, you can see it briefly in some of the trailers for the game too though.

12. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i know it seems like I was fanboyin but I am genuinely enjoying my time on this it reminds me of an old pc game called Boiling Point which released in a sorry state and yet for all that i played the hell out of it and loved my time with it i am certainly getting the new just cause experience + that I had been wishing for since the disaster that was 3.

and oh yeah there was a 877.5 MB update just released!!!

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Nice, good to see the patch out.

And the announcement about it.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/517630/announcements/detail/3410812292172706978

14. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ???

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  15. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    game doesnt even save for me.....

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 / GTX 1080
    When I saw some of the screenshots on this forum, it reminded me a lot of the first island in White Gold (same devs as Boiling Point). I'm willing to give this game a shot eventually but right now I'm playing JC3 and really loving it. It took me a good while to want to play another JC game after 2, I kind of burned out with that one.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  17. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ???

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I miss the sidearm and the throwables though the game does have some nice variety of weaponry although I kept a RPG of some sort at almost all times and overall the length of the game felt short for having a very large world map too but I believe Just Cause 2 and 3 was exactly the same and instead of blowing all red marked stuff up the progression here is mostly finding the main facility, finishing the mission and taking the zones one by one until the story progressing missions can be accessed so not that different although the variety of these zone takeover missions is a bit lackluster.

AI's a bit stupid but the friendlies are at least really durable and the AI tends to spawn in almost right on top of the player in a endless wave but then that's nothing new here although the amount of armored vehicles and helicopters during some missions are almost hilarious with how quickly they get replaced although it can be a bit frustrating when you are trying to cool off the heat and the game keeps spawning in APC's, gunships and helicopters or even jets but that quickly turns into hilarity because the AI just can't drive so the airplanes smash into any fairly high placed obstacle including mountains, helicopters usually friendly fire or even blow themselves up and APC's frequently veer off cliffs or run foot soldiers over with no regards. :p

Then again I guess that also isn't too dissimilar to the old games, might be time to replay Just Cause 2 at some point and maybe eventually Just Cause 3 ha ha.
    First game isn't bad but the PC port is missing some of the later care and detail Avalanche did and I believe some graphical effects are also missing.

Xenus (Boiling Point) Xenus 2 (White Gold) and Precursors yeah at times it feels a bit similar and I consider these to be rough gems but the English localization and the way they got handled is pretty much borderline broken even with the fan patch and Precursors also saw the original studio fold shortly after release as I recall.

EA wasn't that nice either with Pandemic although Saboteur fared much better for the PC version than Mercenaries 2 did which I believe has all kinds of issues though it's been years.

And then there's Volition going from Saints Row to Red Faction though I do believe the destruction and mayhem in Just Cause 2 and on top Red Faction Guerrilla although not everything can be blown up but the architecture doesn't feel like it's made out of foam or lego bits either breaking into pieces at the slightest nudge.
    (Though the sheer amount of destruction in Guerrilla was quite impressive back when it came out. Guess we will see how Crackdown 3 fares whenever it comes out far as destructibility goes for a upcoming game touting it as a major feature.)

And Rico's design keeps changing although it's more of a iteration over Just Cause 3 here than a total overhaul from the older titles and canon wise well I guess it takes place a good number of years later or something seeing how aged some characters are.

Will be interesting to read what the next patch will bring to the game once that comes out, fixing the water won't really help the larger issues though and overall the game needs some additional polish and tuning but we'll see how that goes. :)

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  20. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ???