Just Cause 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi trio x 2080ti
    Using Smaa_T2x results in a artifact whilst moving the camera.

Look to the left side of the characters head to see it. It's like a doubling effect.

[​IMG]

Using an Xbox controller or mouse set to low speed and moving the camera smoothly and slowly it's quite visible and quite annoying once u know its there.

Anti aliasing set to Smaa, Fxaa or disabled is fine.

Everybody else seeing it?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    "Ghosting" was a major issue with SMAA T2X and 4X in Crysis 3 (Especially at low framerates.) though these other SMAA modes aren't used as often as basic SMAA (1x) is so there's not too many other games to compare against but yeah the GeForce.com guide mentioned how they noticed a similar effect during testing, seems Avalanche (US) is aware of it too as I understood it so maybe it'll be patched soon?

3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i got shadows flickering when SMAAx2 , fxaa seems enough for this game

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    its good to see some people stil use fxaa these days. i find it very handy in hiding aliasing to an extent

5. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi trio x 2080ti
    Nvidia says this in their guide..

"SMAA T2x is typically your go-to choice, but with it's current issues we'd instead recommend SMAA with downsampling."

Really works well. Just don't enable Mfaa as the performance impact is huge and it can become a stuttery mess.

Setting dsr to 1.20x, the image looks so so good, and I'm using a 2560 x 1440 monitor, I guess I'm so used to this monitor by now that rendering games at 1440p just doesn't cut it any more :)

4k must look outstanding..

6. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    I upgraded my Nvidia drivers to the latest 359.06 and now I can't get the game to run in full screen mode...going back to 359.00

7. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Quite surprisingly after 2h gaming I'm pretty happy about performance so far.
    1440p, all veryhigh/on and AA is fxaa, very smooth gameplay even though some fps drops happen, usually after resuming play from map/main menu.

I'm using very old drivers, 15.7/15.8 I think? everything else destroys my W3 performance. Didn't check if CF was working but because I'm capped at 60 one 290x should be enough :)

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Would you kindly check what driver set you have installed man as it would be of great service to me. I've spent most of today trying various sets new and old and have yet to find anything that I'm happy with. Thank you. :)

9. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Mmzz not working for me .....

10. beseitfia

beseitfia Active Member

GPU:
    SLI x2 MSI Gtx980 Gaming
    Game run fine for me at 1080p capped at 60 fps on my 55" tv (i play with a dual shock 4), everything on ultra except godrays (for the bug) and i use FXAA as AA...Never goes below 60fps, it's rock solid on my gtx980ti...The only weird thing, is that when i launch the game from steam it doesn't reach the main screen directly, i have to wait a little bit, and press in the middle of the pad then he's connecting online and it's annoying. Is it possible to go straight to main menu?

11. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    Not working for me, either!

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'm pretty sure they aren't embarrassed.. How do you know its even Nvidia's fault? Is it really that big of a deal? NO! I have an idea. STOP buying games at launch! Stop pre ordering! Almost every game company does this now. That's why I wait for a patch or 2 before I buy.

13. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi trio x 2080ti
    Create a profile for Just cause 3 in Rivatuner
    Open folder C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Profiles
    Cut and paste JustCause3.exe.cfg out of the folder to some other location, ie Desktop
    Now open JustCause3.exe.cfg
    Find the line which says [RendererDirect3D10] and insert Enable=0 directly below it. Like this -

[RendererDirect3D10]
    Enable=0

Save and place JustCause3.exe.cfg back into C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\Profiles

Restart Rivatuner. Fire up Just Cause 3.

Before posting my solution earlier, I did test it out on two totally different computers and it worked on both. Both machines were running Afterburner and Rivatuner 6.4.0.7788, I'm not 100% sure it works for Precision X.

14. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    Thanks for the reply. I move the file to profiles and when I look into RTSS, I can see the profile, but it still doesn't show up on screen in the game after I restart Afterburner.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes, which is why I switched down to SMAA.

Geez, this game is glitchy...fell though a roof and got stuck at one point and while driving I was seeing dips below 60 fps, as low as 45 fps (this is at 1920x200 by the way). The more I play the game the more it comes across as rushed and unpolished. This is a far cry from Mad Max IMO and feels like it has been released 3 months too early.

Fun game though but perhaps a bit disappointing not to mention extremely repetitive and shallow. As a sequel it offers little over Just Cause 2. Best played in small doses IMO. Unlike other open world games, this one feels like it was designed for game, one where size meant more than the quality of the content.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

16. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I'll quell my OCD to buy every new game and hold off on this one. Maybe for once I can finish a game I already bought, FO4.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    MFAA enabled should have no impact on Just Cause 3 as it only works in conjunction with MSAA and, as far as I know, this game does not support it, only post-process AA methods: FXAA and SMAA.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Urgh, how can a game that looks so colourful and pretty at times aesthetically look so damn ugly in terms of image quality?

Anti-aliasing is poor even with SMAA T2X, showing lots of jagged edges mid-distance and beyond, the near-death effect is nauseating (granted, that might be intentional...), the shimmering on mesh fences and foliage during motion and combined with the depressingly short ambient occlusion draw distance and the horribly distracting global illumination flickering (which, believe it or not is present in the PS4 version!), it makes for a distinctly unattractive game when it isn't static. I expected better considering I am running the game maxed out.

Is this really using the same engine as Mad Max because I find it hard to believe at the moment. This game feels very rough around the edges in comparison, like it was made two years before that game. :3eyes:

19. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Did it again and it worked for some reason. Thnx anyway.

20. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I feel you brah, the trailers ive seen and gameplay video's didn't show any of this (youtube compression maybe) and i got so hyped for this game because JC2 was just so much fun. But this is a mess.
    Game locks up my rig, crashes. lots and lots of jaggies. And yeah the image quality is crappy alright i just cant believe it.

Also steering in cars is like throwing an anker out of your window when you want to make a turn, parachute and wingsuite controls are also clunky. No dodge, no sprint, no crouch !!!! wtf avalanche.

Waited years for JC3 now im sad ... :thumbdown