Just Cause 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    No way was this game ready for release.

Issues I've had so far include:

The start menu not appearing after the stupidly lengthy log in/loading combo.
    Frame rates dipping to as low as 11fps randomly but especially whenever there's any form of collision.
    Getting killed and being left staring at a screen full of blood as the game fails to reload itself.
    Being forced to lower everything to low/off and 720p and the game still runs like crap. I can run Mad Max on high at 60fps.
    Random bugs happening making the game feel like it's still in alpha.

At first I thought it was the crimson driver I was using so I removed that and installed the newer version, no change.
    Went back to the previous none crimson driver and the game was even worse than before with my fps tanking constantly aka Arkham Knight territory.

I am utterly gutted at the poor state this game has released in especially after how great Mad Max was at release. I thought it would be so very different but as it stands right now it's completely unplayable. :(

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Runs great so far (never dips below 60 fps) at 1920x1200 and maxed out settings with SMAA T2X. Graphically it looks OK but I am experiencing flickering light sources that are very distracting at times as well as an alarmingly short shadow draw distance despite running Shadows on Very High (shadows on plants literally draw in 10 feet away from Rico). AA is also a bit sub-par with lots of shimmering on fine details such as mesh fences when in motion.

Seems fun but shallow, not that I expected anything different. Explosions are awesome. The wingsuit and grappling take a bit of getting used to though with me usually plummeting hard into the ground most of the time instead of into the air. Also, I keep trying to climb up while using the parachute and you cannot do that; you have to press A to disengage the chute first.

3. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm in exactly same boat as these guys (negatives)
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225540/#app_reviews_hash

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    i am very disappointed after reading ur performance review i was really hyped for this i mean how much is the amount of laziness to just code the game well??

5. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Good performance seems utterly hit and miss as there's plenty of people out there with more than capable machines struggling to get 30fps and with glitches to boot.

I myself have now managed to get 30fps (just about) but now I'm met with another challenge as once I'm in game both my select and start buttons simply don't work, I'm yet to even see the map. On top of this I did reach my first checkpoint but then when I went to the nearest mission start the Y button prompt doesn't show up at all so I'm stuck where I am and unable to even press quit to windows. The graphic for the chaos meter is also completely broken.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/12/01/just-cause-3-launch-plagued-by-bugs/

What a mess.

6. william456

william456 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    Awesome Game and feel smooth,no stutter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    There's no sprint button. No crouch. No dodge. There's no close up camera weapon zoom option either.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  9. Techio

Techio Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury 4096SP Unlocked
    Running the game silky smooth at 1920x1080. Will test on 4K tomorow.
    No sprinting is a frustration as you feel slower and more of a bullet sponge.
    The game has some nasty aliasing issues despite running all AA options in-game.

Gameplay wise, it's fun, but it starts off pretty slow and you have to unlock the good stuff by doing challanges.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    JC3 runs poorly on both consoles, so PC version gonna suck too.

Seriously 960 can easily max it out, with good CPU explosions will have minimal effect on FPS, the fact that 980TI maxed out get's between 60-80(according to some people) is very poor optimization.

11. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Runs smooth for me, maxed out graphics and stays above 60 fps almost all the time.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    My first impressions post was a bit brief this morning as I had to leave for work.

Although the game is running great for me, graphically the game seems something of a step back from Mad Max in terms of shadows and anti-aliasing plus the flickering lighting bug is particularly annoying at the moment for me (maybe a new graphics driver is needed?). The section where you first land a helicopter and then use the mini-gun showcased the short shadow draw distance as from 10 feet away I could make the shadow draw in and out as I moved back and forth.

Trivial issues I suppose since this a game about (to quote Jim Sterling) "blowing **** up" and it does it really well with some amusing and entertaining physics. The explosions look amazing and I never tire of trying out new ways to blow something up using the grappling arm.

The opening 20 minutes of this game are pure Michael Bay going from ridiculously over-the-top explosive set-piece to set-piece. It's brilliant IMO but I was surprised to get the wingsuit at this point. My only concern is how long the game will last because the story and cutscenes so far only serve to link one mission to another.

Also, although I am not interested in it, I am surprised that there isn't at least an online co-op mode for this game, especially as the game signs in when you load it up.

P.S. I think the online requirement can be turned off by disabling the extended leaderboard setting in the game options, though I have not tried it yet. I did notice the game monitoring various statistics as I played such as the distance I flew in the wingsuit but it seemed superfluous as I did not recognise any of the other names I was 'competing' with.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    And it adds this annoying motion blur also, i was wondering why the hell it was still there as i disabled motion blur already, it was SMAA Tx2 doing it.

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Yeah RTSS doesn't work so is steam overlay.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.P.S. The lack of an on-screen HUD/map is a bit annoying. The switching to the map in the menu is bad enough but the fact that you cannot zoom in far enough to distinguish objectives that are close together is frustrating as I discovered while trying to find the speaker towers in one of the early missions. Sure, the town itself was not that big but the lack of an onscreen map feels very much like an oversight considering the game is ludicrously over-the-top anyway that any semblance of reality (since no-one really has an onscreen map) is just pointless.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Pretty impressed with performance, after unlocking my videocards clock speed bugged out again like always with Afterburner.

Even then it ran at 30-40fps lol with 540mhz on the core with medium settings.

Tbh i didn't expected any bad performance anyway, the game doesn't look that good.
    Hope someone comes with a good reshade preset to get rid of the cartoony color style.

Some red cars look very over saturated.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Motion blur is kind of ugly in this game as I frequently noticed what looked like a double image around Rico even after he'd stopped moving! Also, SMAA T2X is disappointing - overhead cables appear very jaggy - and, IMO, SMAA actually looks better which can't be right... can it? :3eyes:

Also, I thought this game was going to have NVIDIA GameWorks features, including TXAA (which would look really nice in this game in my view)? Or did I just imagine that?

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I was worried that the new studio was doing this instead of the guys that had made the previous installments.
    Hopefully they are able to fix these problems quickly.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    /h This help
    /failsafe Start in failsafe mode (settings ignored)
    /fullscreen Fullscreen mode
    /windowed Windowed mode
    /borderless Borderless windowed mode
    /width=n Width in pixels (fullscreen/windowed)
    /height=n Height in pixels (fullscreen/windowed)
    /widthFS=n Width in pixels (fullscreen)
    /heightFS=n Height in pixels (fullscreen)
    /widthW=n Width in pixels (windowed)
    /heightW=n Height in pixels (windowed)
    /refreshrate=n Refresh rate in Hz
    /vsync=b Enable/disable V-sync
    /dxadapter=i Use DirectX adapter at specified index/aniso=n Anisotropic filter (0-7, default: 7)
    /shadows=n Shadow quality (0-2, default: 1)
    /shadowres=n Shadow resolution (0-1, default: 0)
    /ssao=b Enable/disable SSAO (default: disabled)
    /posteffects=b Enable/disable posteffects (default: enabled)
    /lodfactor=n Geometric detail (0-3, default: 0)
    /edgefade=b Enable/disable edge fade effect
    /watertess=b Enable/disable water tessellation (default: enabled)

Command-line parameters, borderless could be handy since it can't be set in-game.

EDIT:

/reportcrashes
    -disableinputwhenoutoffocus
    -allowmultipleinstances
    --quit-on-assert
    --disable-assert-dialog
    --disable-crash-reporter

EDIT:
    --texture_stream_maxtextures
    --texture_stream_batchsize
    --texture_stream_mb
    --texture_stream_disable

EDIT: (What?)
    --autorun_buttfile=

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  20. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    ROFLMFAO.

• Just Cause 3 - Single-SLI profile added

What they mean by that is (drum roll) NO F*KING SLI - AGAIN (0x00000004), which means single card.

I guess we can be thankful for the FO4 Profile almost a month later :rolleyes: