Just Cause 2 crashes with MSI AB and SweetFX

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Gojden, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Gojden

Gojden Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Any solution for this? It's hard to play without SweetFX's HDR post-process, I just love the increased contrast and darker-esque look it gives, I'm kind of used to it by now.

2. Stein3x

Stein3x Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 GTX G1 | SLI
    If you want to use MSI Afterburner with SweetFX open RivaTuner Statistics Server technology and press the "Cross" Button down left to add the game you want.Then press the "Wreck" button upright and enable the "Enable compatibility with modified Direct3d runtime libraries" press ok and you ready.

3. Gojden

Gojden Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Oh, I've already done that. Without it the game either doesn't start (some error) or the OSD doesn't work.

The problem is after a few seconds to a few minutes the game crashes.

To clarify the type of crash, it's more of a freeze and when I alt-tab it says "Just Cause 2 has stopped working". :/

I had a hunch D3DOverrider could be the cause so I shut it down and restarted, I was able to play about an hour before the next freeze. I read some at the Steam forums that some people fixed it by downclocking the core on their GPU, specifically GTX570 and I've a GTX470. Maybe it could work?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013