Just bought a PS3

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by The Kyle, Mar 3, 2008.

1. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    I decided that I would spend half of my tax refund on something cool and bank the rest, so I got a PS3 and a BenQ 24" LCD monitor (supports 1:1 pixel mapping (no screen stretching) and will up size 720p to the full 1920x1080).

I figure I'm going to rent a lot of games like Devil May Cry 4 & Assassins Creed just to play through once, so I only bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance. What other PS3 games are MUST HAVE?

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Both Resistance and Motorstorm are good fun, i know Resistance aint the greatest in terms of visuals and level design ( atleast on the early levels ) but its a fun game overall and the online mode is pretty cool for both games.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is also cool but very hard and be sure to buy Super Stardust HD from the PSN store, its awesome!

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If you don't mind the auto aim, Unreal tournament 3 is a great game for PS3.

4. Curtimus

Curtimus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD4870 790/4400
    Drake's Fortune has great visuals and is pretty fun.

5. crue7

crue7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 275gtx 896mb
    Warhawk is good fun :)

6. za_rule

za_rule Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800gts 320mb 563/842
    Devil May Cry is worth having and the graphic is just awesome.......hehehe i only have 1 game at the moment :p

7. weston

weston Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I'd say Assassin's Creed is the type of game to buy, not rent. If it's rented you'll be rushed to finish the levels just to beat it and miss out on all the little details that make the game what it is. That and Drake's fortune, Home - soon, Ratchet and Clank - might be a renter depending on your patience for finding little easter eggs, but a good buy for some, GT demo's are great and the game is coming out before too long.

8. Austyn

Austyn Guest

Burnout: Paradise
    Warhawk

two very fun packed games.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    dmc4 its alot to play around with all the difficulties the game changes quite a bit at times :p

10. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Well I rented Devil May Cry 4 last night and my 24" lcd comes today, so I'm gonna hook up my Z-5500's and rock out :p.

Thanks guys.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I was thinking about this: PS3+linux+DVB-T USB=DVB-T recorded? Is it possible and have anyone tired it?

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

And this set works perfect on the PS3. Cheapest and best 5.1 set you can ever have in your live for your PS3 i say. I'm MORE than happy with the Z-5500.

13. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    That's awesome news :).

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    I'm currently loving that at the moment. The physics & the scenery is amazing, and I really love the killing moves/backstabbing. The horsey riding is cool as well. \o/

I played the demo, and was really intrigued by it. It gave me a somewhat flash back/feel to what Castlevania was like. Currently have DMC4 on order with GT5 Prologue.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If you don't have a 360, Lost planet just came out or is coming out pretty soon for the PS3.

16. Austyn

Austyn Guest

A Must buy... has got to be Guiter Hero 3... im so addicted to it!

17. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yea, Guitar Hero 3 is a great party game. The downside is that your fingers start to hurt after you get addicted :|

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I agree. strongly agree. this game simply shows u what is a PS3 capable of. and a very very action oriented game. go get it! :nerd:

19. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Excellent. I was reading about that game but I couldn't tell if it was just another over the shoulder shooter. Kinda resembles Resident Evil a bit. I will defintely check it out though.

I actually finally got everything set up last night. BenQ 24" 1080p screen (beautiful btw) came and I took my Z-5500's out of storage. My room is a little too awkward (until I move) to hook up surround sound so I just hooked up the sub, front left, center, and front right. Was pretty much the only option I had to get sound since the speakers on the LCD blow. Played a little GT5 demo before hitting the sack but I was fairly impressed with what my budget setup could do in terms of visuals and sound. Threw on some Die Hard 3 and between my monitor & PS3 video options I was very impressed with the ability to upscale/downscale/stretch anything to 16:9 with ZERO distortion.

Overall I'm happy with my purchases and can't wait for the upcomming titles.

20. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    You mean 44" or so, right? Haven't ever seen 1080p on a <37" TV :)