Just added a Router to my network need some tips.

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by nz3777, Dec 4, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Howdy fellow Guru's, I just picked-up some kind of NetGear router I found on sale everything works ok and I did some testing on Ookla speed-test ( no performance increase) however what is ALOT better is all the devices we have hooked-up on the network are much faster now to download and Stream. I am assuming it is doing its job correct?

We have the following hooked-up....1 xbox one, 4 x Samsung Galaxys, 2 x Samsung tablets as well. The way I have it wired it living-room is Comcast modem ( base ) so I put the Router in the very last bedroom that way I can distribute the signal much better throughout the house, seems to be working so far....then I did the range test and standing outside I can get a good 100-200 Feet from our condo building without getting any type of slowdown. I am happy only paid $6 bucks for it from Goodwill haha.

As an added Bonus gurus I found a brand-new Xbox 360 S model $20 bucks what do you guys think good deal or no? Nick.

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA
    Yeah looks fine. It's interesting how router considered to have Wi-Fi nowadays.
    I bought wired router and Wi-Fi access point separately. More customization and company that made my router knew what they doing (micro-research).

No idea about buying another console. PC gamer4life here :p

Izzy and nz3777 like this.
  3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Next thing I might do is Pick-up some of those signal-boosters and spread them around the house...So far so good cannot complain.

4. Izzy

Izzy Member

GPU:
    Memory: Corsair - V
    Haha. I can sought of relate to that point! :p

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Nothing wrong to play them all fellow 3d-gurus, of course pc is the best but the others have a small gap to fill in my opinion plus are getting much better you gotta admit. Thanks again.