John Paul II has died

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Hiro1000, Apr 2, 2005.

1. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    Tremondous Respect to a man who used his position to try and improve the lives of everyone on earth. The Pope did his best to let people know what he thought was right, and millions of people agreed with what he had to say. He had a wisdom like no other in position of influence. I'm not overly religious, I don't attend church all the time, but if there is one thing I've learned, is that you don't have to conform to what people in high places want (ex: politicians, money makers, other churhes) Just say what you believe is right in the eyes of God, and thats exactly what the Pope did, Rest in Peace.

2. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Hmm... they got what? 15 days to appoint a new one... Wonder who'll it'll be...?

3. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    Yes..he did great things for the world and I respect him for that. But, if he is so awesome then why would he call homosexuality evil, and totally bash that part of society? People have told me "The Pope says homosexuality is evil, so it is". They are influenced by the Pope. HIS sole opinions affect millions of people. Shouldn't a leader that is looked up to be accepting of everyone, no matter what sexual preference? He forgives a man who tries to kill him.......but he was probably homosexual wasn't he...:rolleyes:

Not trying to flame, just voicing my opinion. I just think that a great leader and a person that is looked up to should not have such dumbass discriminations.

4. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    this isn't the place for that type of conversation manothehour. keep this thread respectful. what you think are 'dumbass' policies is your opinion which unfortunately for you vast majority of people on this planet don't agree with.

btw, catholics don't blindly follow the pope. many of us disagree with the church on issues. i myself don't condem homosexuality. i believe they should have the right of civil unions. maybe when they're treated like human beings they'll stop parading their gay parades in everyone's face. i however believe the church shouldn't change it's official stance on homosexuality. it's in keeping with christian ideology.

5. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    manothehour we agreed to NOT discuss this in this thread, didn't we? I'll close this thread if this doesn't stop.

AJ206: I think we are counting on the Italian one or the Nigerian/South African one! Any other ideas?

6. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

I mean this kid just doesnt get it. Its getting on my nerves as well as others. Dont close the thread close him LOL

7. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    We are all allowed to have different opinions, if it ticks you off - ignore it. It's the only thing that will "help" this thread. But I must say, this thread is living its last days anyways..

But now, this must be the 10th time I've asked this:

Who do YOU think will follow John Paul II?

8. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

Yes, Dear! :D

Giovanni Battista of Italy will be next. They want an older pope, and they no longer want another pope to rule as long as JP II did.

9. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Older? I read they wanted a younger one! Most Norwegian papers tell us they want someone that isn't older than 70 years.

10. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    English papers say they want older than 70.
    Hummmm, I dunno. I think a younger pope would be good. Probably a bit more liberal too.

11. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Maybe I've just been a stupid stupid girl, and misread.. :blush2k: But then the African ones got a chance at least! They're both over 70 xD

12. silky19kilo

silky19kilo Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950 GT 512 Mb
    I think its going to be weird having a different pope. ive only known (not personally) one my who life. I wonder if this is going to bring about any big changes.

13. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Living in San Antonio, it is a HUGE deal when the pope dies, because pretty much everyone in this city is catholic. I can feel your pain, the pope was a good man.

But hey, since he was the pope and all he has to have things pretty sweet in heaven, so I don't see the point in being sad about it.

The only question I have, is I heard someone on the news say, "He is with the virgin marry now". Why is Mary deified? Not like I'm saying its wrong or right, I'm just not catholic and I'm curious.

14. nm+

GPU:
    old
    There's a whole cult of mary thing going on with many catholics (This is how it was desribed to me at Catholic School)
    People are sad not that he's dead, but thats he's gone.

15. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    Correct, we all agree that he is in a better place with no suffering, no war etc

16. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    Nah they want an older pope someonw wo would spend 26 years there according to all newspaper accounts

17. nm+

GPU:
    old
    There's also been talk that if they were to pick a younger pope it would come with a promise that that poe would ahv to resign at a certian point.
    They were very afraid that JPII would enter a coma for a while. As they wouldn't pull the plug, for obvious reasons, it would create a crisis of leadership

18. A younger POPE would be pretty nice, more time to live.....but what if he isn't a nice POPE?

forced to have him a long time......

this things should be evaluated carefully. ;)

19. WinterX

WinterX Guest

younger pope = more tolerant for everything, but John Paul II was different and he was very tolerant (u remember some guy who was dancing in his Palace in Vatican?)

I won't get accustomed

20. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    ??????????? ???????? ??????????????? ?????????????? ?????????????? ?????????????????????????? ???????????????? ????????????? ??????????

Please define tolerancy again for me...