John Paul II has died

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Hiro1000, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    he's the POPE! thats why he is different! rofl... you can't say : " you are a president of a company, and you shouldn't be treated different than me"
    Some people DO earn more respect, acknowledgement, attention, etc. etc.

the POPE died man, he is a good man, and is in the heart of MANY people.

have some respect dude...

2. Bubbaganoosh

Bubbaganoosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 7600GT 512MB
    i thought religious thread werent allowed

3. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I'm not religious, but you have to admire him for what he did

he did a lot of work to unite the different religions, accepting that Christians, Jews, and Hindus (i think) all worship the same god

he was the first pope to worship in a Church, a synagogue, and a mosque

i respect him for being very sound in the way he went about doing what he did, especially diplomatically and politically

ahh well - 84 years ain't too bad going

RIP JP II

4. Bubbaganoosh

Bubbaganoosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 7600GT 512MB
    ** Post removed by moderator **

5. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Correction....:D
    hey man....hehe...Hindus dont worship the same god....

Muslims,Christians and Jews do....
    Plus they all accept Jesus(PBUH) as a Prophet and one of Gods messengers... something of the sort....

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  6. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Micro, don't be so disrespectful or just get lost.

And to everyone else, don't even listen to him - he thinks it's fine to make fun of people with disabilities too.

7. pawelnsa

pawelnsa Member

GPU:
    Asus V9999 256MB
    There is a very old prophecy in Poland, that Polish priest, unexpectedly becomes a Pope. After he dies, a Black pope will replace him, marking the beginning of the end of the World.

Some cataclysm or WW3, hope is not true, but so far looks like it could be.

rest in peace, father.

8. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    Errrrrm :/

9. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    You don't know what you're talking about.

10. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

LOL, exactly

11. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    I am surprised this thread is still open but it demonstrates how much respect people had either for the man or the office. I guess we cannot escape the fact that his views or what he stood for for disliked and/or misunderstood by other.

He is in a better place. May he Rest in Peace

12. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Here is a document of the second vatican council towards acceptance of other religions. The Hindu God is named differently, but considered the same, since there is only one God. It says God made himself known in other relgions as well, though God manifested himself directly in Christianity, if I am understanding it correctly.

Link:

http://www.ewtn.com/library/COUNCILS/v2non.htm

13. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So this is a religious thread? If you have read through it, you would have noticed that fairly 50% at least, isn't even Christian/ Catholic or whatever! Micro, for once in your lifetime, you need to be quiet and butt out. Let people pay their respect in this thread, and if you have a wise-ass comment to make, give it to your teddy - I swear it cares A LOT more.

Now.. Back to the good thing about the thread. Anyone who got any insideinformation on who's the next pope? ;)

14. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    the link you gave me had a very political discription of hinduism

hehe..then again...i dont know where that link stands...when
    Hindues actully in reality dont worship one God...
    They have many Gods (including the Cow,Sun etc)

Im not a Hindu thats for sure..but im pretty sure they're very different religously.....
    http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/hinduism.htm
    http://www.contenderministries.org/hinduism/hindubeliefs.php

trust me...just simply google what hindues Believe in.....they have many Gods....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  15. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Well. I have studied Hinduism. The have one God: Krishna, and all other "gods" are just manifestations/incarnations of him.

A cow is not a god in Hinduism :rolleyes: It is just a sacred animal because devout Hindus are vegetarian. You are just regurgitating stereotypes from the ignorant;). The link I gave you was a document of the Second Vatican Council of Christian views towards non-Christian religions.

Here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krishna

Now, back to honoring the Pope.

16. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i mean you cant simply deny the fact that many Hindues follow many Gods...
    Some follow the demi-gods and and some worship Gurus as Gods....
    Even if that statement above may seem incorrect to you...then this is correct...
    Deities of Lord Krishna and his incarnations are authorized for worship.
    Hinduism is generally associated with a multiplicity of Gods.....
    The Gods and Goddesses of Hinduism amount to thousands, all representing the many aspects of only one supreme Absolute called “Brahman”.
    Plus another fact....i find it hard to imagine an individual having all those 'Gods' in their room (or where ever) at the same time....
    So they'd be praying to one of the many Gods at that point....this particualr God would be generally representing one of many aspects of the supreme God..
    Brahman can manifest itself in myriad forms, including Gods and Goddesses....

if you have something to say....i would'nt mind you sending me a PM...well i think...i've made it clearer now..happy now :p
    i dont want to be stepping on any ones leg....here...we could always discuss this privatly....

the ignorant comment you could keep to your self...;)

17. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    First of all May Pope John Paul II rest in peace
    ok I am hindu.
    Its very complicated. There are considered to be 300million gods. ;)
    Well the site which said there is 1 god called krishna and others aremanifestations is not correct.
    The concept is same as any other religion, there is only 1 god. But here gods are catagorised.
    The god for money is called as Laxmi, god for artistic talent is called as saraswati etc etc.
    Then there are ethical gods who were humans and exsisted long time ago like Rama and Krishna.
    There are supposed to be many incarnations of Lord indra(krishna is one of them) and also of other gods.
    By the way COW is considered as holy animal. Not all devoted hindus are vegetarians, only Bramhins are. But no devoted hindu eats Cow's flesh.
    There is lots of misunderstanding and lack of knowledge regarding hinduism in western countries, even in the monds of so called experts. Lots of misinformation is fed into common people. My cousine studied hinduism in USA, she is brought up there since the childhood. And she was shocked to really see what hinduism is in reality when she was here for 2 months last summer.

To explain everything is beyond my abilities and my english language skills in this respect. I dont know the english words for all I know about hinduism.

18. biggestC

biggestC Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD M880G ATI Mobility
    God Bless. may the Holy Father rest in peace.

19. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    You are right, Hinduism embraces many gods, but the spirit wihtin them is bound by "one" God. Hinduism has many sects and is very diverse, so not all Hindus worship the same diety, but each diety is a manifestation of the same spirit. It is that same "Spirit" that Vatican 2 recognizes. I don't have the time to explain it to you because it gets quite complex. I am a Christian, and I have studied Hinduism - mostly Buddhism, so I was just trying to bring you up to speed on how this Pope, as was previously stated, was instrumental in dialougues with Hindus and bridging the gap between non-Christian religions through V2.

Reading up on Thomas Merton can help.

_________

Please keep this thread for the Pope.

20. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Thank you for clarifying that, and thanks for your input :)