John Paul II has died

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Hiro1000, Apr 2, 2005.

1. The POPE is dead in ITALY - Rome, My own country, but the Pope was international man of peace!

I am a very religious person and Jesus saved me on several occasions.

When i saw in TV at 21.30 pm the official news, i cry, it doesn't matter what religion we are,
    or what country, the POPE brought a message of peace, love for life and compassion,
    even if he was very sick, he continued to walk among all the people of the world, he didn't stop,
    he tought us to fight for what we believe in, and i will miss him so much.

R.I.P John Paul II , i will see you again someday, for death is where real life starts. :(

2. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    RIP John.

Hope a guy like him is the new Papa.

3. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Well he suffered for such a long time, i think it's the best thing that he may finally Rest In Peace.

Thanks JP2 for of what you have done.

4. NewMachineIII

NewMachineIII Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Nv GF GTX 1070
    In honor of him...

I sang, "Tears in Heaven"...at a singing bar tonight(4.2.05). All the notes came out....beautiful.

:( :( :(

Rest Well...Honorable Father...thee has earned the deserved respite...

5. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

Ah, Im very Sad, my fellow country man has died, a man that has done so much for Poland and the rest of the world

RIP Karol Wojtyla aka John Paul II

6. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    I am not a supporter of the Pope nor am I sad about his death. Anyone that is so narrow-minded and says homosexuality is evil should not be a leader.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  7. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I don't really like the notion of religion, and I occasionally blame iit for a lot of the worlds problems - but opinions aside - The pope was an inspiration to all.

I know that he did a lot for this world despite maintaining conservative views. I have the utmost respect for him and I sincerely hope that his sucessor is just as good as him.

I saw on tonights news that he once forgave and reconciled with a man who shot him in an attempt to kill him. That to me is the pinnacle of forgiveness. If there were more people like that in the world, perhaps it would be a better place. I can't say that I know many people who would forgive someone who tried to take their life....

8. Anyone that is so narrow-minded and says homosexuality is evil should not be a leader.

MANOFTHEHOUR .....we know you're one, don't blame the POPE for it ....LOL :D

9. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Maha Guru

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    Dumping on a thread where people are showing their respects for a loved one that has passed is real big of you.

RIP JPII

10. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

Lets not worry about him. Hes just a little ignorant little boy, that... well, will never be manothehour

11. Warlord001

Warlord001 Master Guru

GPU:
    7800gtx
    While you may be right its nice to see you religious types practicing what you preach and turning the other cheek.. oh wait :rolleyes:

While I never agreed with some of his views he was a force for peace in this world and deserved respect for that, even if like me you arent religious. It is a pitty that more of the people in power didnt listen to him.

"We cannot pretend that the use of arms, and especially of today's highly sophisticated weaponry, would not give rise, in addition to suffering and destruction, to new and perhaps worse injustices."
    -- Message to George H.W. Bush, January 15, 1991

I will say it again, while I might not agree with alll of his views he was a great man and will be missed.

12. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guys, this have been a very nice and respectful thread, please keep it that way? Or it might just get locked..

13. JJLoke

JJLoke Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 6600 128Mb 300/530 @ 430/600
    HE was the man, an advocate of peace. HE was the one who adverted the cold war. HE will set a new chapter in the history of mankind. HE will live in us all, for the rest of our life. For our stupid mistakes made, we should thank him, for setting us on the right path again.

i am of buddhist religion, but i dun care who he is, as long as he is a great man respected by the Masses, i shall mourn for him, that the Lord has taken him, to the heavens, and he shall watch over us, over the Catholics

14. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    BOOOO!
    Manothehour brings up a legit point. However, this is not a line of discussion that should be continued in this partcular thread.

15. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    RIP

16. WinterX

WinterX Guest

My fellow countryman has died :-(
    I'm very sad. Karol Wojty³a aka John Paul II (Jan Pawe³ II - in my country) was really great person who gave Poland chance to win the future against the communism and go join the EU.

Chwa³a Ojcu Œwiêtemu, Janowi Paw³owi II, Polakowi!

17. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    well im not at all sad over his death....
    he lived a long life...84 years...phew!!!
    he sure was lucky...i wish to live that long........

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  18. We are glad his pain is over cause of the sickness, we are sad cause we won't see him or hear his voice again, his 84 years seemed like 24 hours for us who loved him.

How many times you went to a vacation and said... HEY, got 7 days of pleasure, yet at the 7th day you realize it's all over too soon and you want more.

That is what we feel right now for John Paul II.

19. Bubbaganoosh

Bubbaganoosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 7600GT 512MB
    out of curiousity lets say someone like I died will there be big news about like the pope? no because everyone is treated the same. just because he is the pope doesnt mean he should be treated differently from everyone else.