Jellybean Voice Search vs. Siri

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Seref, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
  2. robert1990

robert1990 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Really want to try the new Google Now, looks like it can competes with Siri :)
    Hope Apple won't file another lawsuit again :p

3. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Man, this is so slick. I have been playing with G.Now all morning. I love having a Nexus...:)

4. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix RX580
    google now seems ok so far, but the voice control (just saying google and then telling it what you want it to do) just randomly stops working and only a reboot will fix it

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i installed ics to galaxy note last week and the voice thing on this is not great at all, very robotic and slow, will like to port jelly been to my phone

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    google voice search still sounds robotic if you select UK english language. it sounds a lot better when US english is selected. with UK english, it sounds a bit like siri, very robotic. still, google did a great job on this, works very fast. Can't see myself using it much apart from maybe setting alarms at first. but maybe if I get to know it, I'll use it to search the net, instead of having to type.

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    They all suck. Nothing understands Finnish and when I try to use English it doesn't understand ****, ICS voice recognition at least. So... I do not know which one can say "**** you, I don't understand a word you said!" in most polite way.

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    They both use the same underlying technology, Nuance's Dragon [Go] software; just heavily modified.

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Also google voice search can't make calls or write emails and stuff like siri. although it seems faster, and the voice a lot better :D

10. Phatzy

Phatzy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7850
    Google voice can make calls, texts etc. The google voice on previous versions of android had this function, on jelly bean google voice is vastly improved.
    Sometimes I use google voice on my xperia play when i am bored.

11. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix RX580
    i'm loving the how google now syncs to my work calendar, tells me when I have to leave to make it to a meeting on time with directions and live traffic updates