Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Preview available for the HP TouchPad

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by MiLk*iT, Aug 2, 2012.

1. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Member Guru

GPU:
    560 GTX 910/1820/4300
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Would have tried it when it was posted on Wednesday but getting mine repaired atm before the warranty runs out.

3. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Member Guru

GPU:
    560 GTX 910/1820/4300

Smart move getting it fixed up. By the time you get it back Jelly Bean will be a little more functional on the TouchPad.

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Just a quick update, my Touchpad came back from HP faulty so I've now not had a working touchpad since 20th July, on 15th October following a letter by me to the CEO of HP UK I got a call saying I'd have a new one shipped to me and it would take about 2 weeks, now a month on and still nothingm so anyway 4 months without a working touchpad.

The faulty one has no wifi after it was sent to HP for a case replacement, only picks up a signal within a metre.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    Anyway off topic, but I came up with a way to load Android without WebOS (which can't be used without wifi) and a new build of Jellybean is out with working sound and video, seems pretty good, project butter, Google now etc all working, lots of work on the camera as well (although not working yet).

[​IMG]

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    After going public and threatening HP with court I finally have a new working 32GB Touchpad, only took 4 months...

The new touchpad was only shipped on Tuesday 20th November, NOT 15th October like the said, this was after I took it public so I wonder if they had any intention of doing it otherwise.