Jeffro's " I'm a complete noob and need help" thread.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Glad to see that you're willing to rebuild said rig yourself and I guess it was a lesson learned the really hard way and made many people cringe including many Guru3D guys here.

Best of luck with the rebuild, if there's anything, Guru3D guys like us would be happy to help.

deltatux

2. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Thanks Delta. Now if I can just get Nick to stop stalking me....I could move forward. He's like a cancerous growth that I can't sure.

3. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    yeah jack ass doesnt answer phone and only texts while im in slow and go traffic with the rest of the portland 4pm commuters. cuz trying to read his paranoia about me shooting him is worth a fender bender.... yep. He thought I was being serious. Umm, I can ht a 3inch group at 200 standing with my A3 and leupold. I say I'm going to shoot something a lot, tire of the car that cut me off, annoying dude in commercial, i probably said don't screw me over on this or i'll shoot ya or to that effect but no thanks, taking you to court is enough, don't want prison. Plenty of Al Qaeda Taliban or whoevers next left to deal with. I'm crossing my fingers for Mexico and heroin king pins, that'd be a good feeling.

4. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    and damn it if my login didn't time out with a big one. WEll anyways guys, this dip sht doesn't listen, thought an Intel RST glitch was a dead hard drive, thought an overclocking failed notice was instability when, as well all know, it's a freakin stray electron or power stae stray electron. power off, power on, look still running 4.2..

anyhoo, he didn't call me when he encountered those things so like an idiot newbie, took his raid 5 drives to go get analyzed individually. also opened the case that he isn't even familiar with , let alone the cable management, and where those handy dandy fry your board 2 extra prongs are on the 2x6+2 pci-e power connectors, the ones that are great for landing on a resistor or solder point of nearby card and frying everfything when handled by uncareful, unfamiliar, irratinal hands. (Jeff)

5. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Nick....please take your medication and go to bed. You aint lookin' to smart right now.

6. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    case and point, the wires in the pictures iwth the blue side fans, yeah, those had electrical tape at the joints and were wrapped up for enough give to take off and swint it forward and back to reach both the insides. moron yanked on them or somethign and snapped the tape off that was need to tie in to the psu! hope he didn't do that with the 3 high speed fans on the regular case and thats how the rear locking clicp got unlatched cuz while I did leave enough zip tie to help force some gap between the two cards, I don't think an unshrouded 6850 would fair too well against a 3600 120x38 Panaflo, at last i put the metal ones on the radiator in the water box.

7. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    I'll comment on the only bit I understood there, an overclock is meant to be stable, no BSOD, no having to reset my PC etc, I'm on 3.6Ghz on stock voltage absolutely stable

8. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    y cuz you pulled the panel off to hard and fast and undid the self knot i tied the extra length of wire from the two blue side panel fans on the water tower, when i said be careful, yo have enough room to move it side to side, not clear the tower so they don't yank the rest of the cords around.

I mean look at the picture Jeff, yeah, you made the wire mess but once again not listening. I'm pretty sure you screwing up your cable management and you not listening makes you look like the 5+ powered glasses (blind) can't follow the instruction of call me\back(deft) and tries to trade his 2 year old water tower for things i bought on my newegg account (dumb) ace you are.

Anybody else here have a newegg preferred account balance from stuff somebody else has who also didn't get his project he paid for for 2 years ago and now tries to use it as compensation for the stuff he now decides he does want and decides what he paid for 2 years ago he doesn't?

Yep i don't think anyone else here knows someone like you Jeff.

9. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    it wasn't a bsod, it was the beep, your overclock failed hit f2 or what not to reload settings and try again. remember blind, had he read that, and remember dumb, thought it a good idea, or remember deft, heard the voice in his head saying you've never seen this before, your last computer was a p4, call Nic. I would have told him to yes, reload and try again, and like everyday it was in my room, it would have posted like normal. I get that occassionally on my MSI, so I set 1 try to 3 now just sometimes it beeps twice, why, cuz the ram isn't done before windows flips the switch. I set his to 1 try in case he does somethign stupid like put 240 in for the bclk or 1.8v in for the ram thinking it's ddr2 not 3.

10. StoneyOC

StoneyOC Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    At some point you're going to have to construct proper sentences...

11. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    mods...please

12. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    that made LOL, I completely agree though

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    you hit the nail in the head m8

14. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    [​IMG]

IBL.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  15. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Wrong again Nick. It went BSOD , failed HD ( which probably wasn't your fault....and yeah , it's getting RMA'd now), with a screen saying "Overclock failed!. then on the last attempt past the DOS screen....it said windows was missing. Not to mention all the damaged parts involved.....yer right sparky...I should have just paid for everything. ( Sarcasm!)

16. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    It would make more sense if he typed in sign language. :confused:

17. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    anything else Jeff said that he couldn't give full detail on because he didn't understand how his computers works and never learned because he wouldn't ask for help from the guy who built it, put it at 4.2, and played with it for a week to make sure it was stable, the ram timings were as tight as stability would allow, etc.

Anyone else think the guy who got an Athlon XP Barton stable at 2.92ghz with 4 peltiers, a hell of a lot of electricity a ton of thermal epoxy on top of clear coat acrylic on top of pcb wrapped in closed cell neoprene when he was a senior in High School, went on to get a bs in financial services at JWU in Providence, RI, and then came back here for a crappy job and to wait to be activated as that's his passion, computers are his hobby, and women and tobacco are his vices.

Anyone else think that guy built a bad messy rig? and deserves a 2 year old completed project as compensation for $281 worth of hardware? Cuz that guy's me, I built the rig in this video and pics (that was before cable management btw), that's me talking. and this is me telling you the I know what RAID stands for version of the story.

or some dude who drops 480 and waits two years. then takes a build apart cuz he can't find reset in Intel RST. does not know what he's talking about to the point he can't even completely describe the situation. and disassembles the rig I liked making so much I named it Spitrod (hot rod, spit is part of my last name = spitrod)

Can I get a roll call after you see the pics of the two builds that I have pics of on my sd card (see megaupload link), I don't really take many pics cuz normally I just get to see the happy family glad their mac hard drives 400K files got widdled down to 40K files and put on a drive taking up 16GB of space and converted to viewable, in 2 days so they could pick out what pictures from the rehearsal they should put at the reception. That's what I do while I wait to be activated, Jeff does sheetrock.... And I don't even use macs nor own one. Yeah, go ahead guys, see how quickly you can extract 16-17gigs from 70, off a dying mac hard drive from a pc to the point where all the fam has to do is plug it in their new dell and browse for pictures. If you beat 2 days, that's 20 hours for those who don't work 10 hour days. I'll give you a hint, if you don't have DDR3, you won't be done scanning the drive till August ;)

anything else I need to address, PM me, i'm oging to go try and sleep again for the umpteenth time in the llast 51, 52 hours? meaning i'll probably just get all angry and be very awake fighting the urge to punch something or someone that has junk in my back seat and my stuff in their house.

*edited to appease the grammatically strict.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  18. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
  19. nicspits

nicspits Guest

GPU:
    MSI/6950/2GB Frozr III
    sorry for my improper sentences, my fingers don't type the POd dialect very well after 52 hours you missing the fine points that addresses your grype smarty pants you.

20. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    So you have said before....and yet even after I asked a 100 times about benchmarks and so forth.....never got one. the way you had it built......it would of over heated playing tetris or pac-man. But don't worry Nick , with the help of people who actually know what they are doing ( my fellow G3D guys here ) and me learning.....my "first" build will be better than anything you have done. guaranteed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.