Japan & radioactive products!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Retroborg, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:

Hi, I'm Taint3d... I'd get a Nikon... Thats what i use in my profession.. I also do work for Honda... I wouldnt sit back and worry.. What ever happens, happens.. Dont live your life in fear. It would make for a long long sad life... One thing I do though is always try to stay in the know... Be it "conspiracy" or what have you.. One thing though is im no tinfoil hat fool.. Even though some may think that... Anyways nice thread.. It is something everyone should think about, but not fear to much.:)

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Enjoying talking to yourself? Shame your other account got banned though :wanker:

3. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    Um nice to assume something, when you dont even try to slidify any facts... It would be easy enough to ask a mod/admin if it is me.. Plus i do believe they frown apon that and this accout would be banned too. Thats "if" i was that person.. since im not that person, I have no worries.. Thanks for caring though..

4. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    Why did he get banned anyways?

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    i want a PSVITA but now im scared about radiactivity =/

6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    because of the stuff he was saying on the duke nukem thread, hilarious and well deserved ban :)

edit: not a ban but a time out for blesner and retroburg, shame about blesner getting all raged up and b&, hes a sound guy really :)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  7. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Someone needs to learn how to differentiate between a joke and a serious comment :infinity:

8. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    Well thats just all fine and dandy. The comment wasnt ment just souly for you..

9. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Retroborg, you sound like a hypochondriac person, I dont need to show you Scientific prof, you really think that other countries would allow Japan to enter radiated products into their countries? you never got an X-Ray? If you did, you probably got more radiation than any radiation a product from japan could give you.

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Wait, isn't this exactly what Retro did himself? And based on witnesses? WELL DUH, NONE OF US ARE THERE.

Erm, actually, wrong. The DNA damage experienced by some who used DU rounds was in no way whatsoever related to the handling and usage of DU. The problem occured when DU was left to burn with tanks etc that had been destroyed by such rounds. It was the particles being small enough to do serious damage to the lungs along with the radiation at such a dangerous location rather than the radiation itself. Even then, not all people were effected.

You could probably be shot by a DU round, and not suffer any ill effects of radiation, even if it lodged itself inside you and was left. I don't know the exact amount of radiation given off by DU, so perhaps a bullet stuck in the chest cavity could be cause for concern, but one stuck in your leg is going to do nothing a normal bullet stuck in your leg wouldn't do.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    DU rounds have a nasty side effect of igniting, which basically means that all those little parts that do get shaved off turn into burning (I forgot how hot) shrapnel flying in the tank, not pretty.

12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Even with the radiation it'd still be safer than buying American products that will either fail and burn your house down as a result.

People put mobile phones and cordless phones that GENERATE radiation next to their temple on their head next to their brain but are scared of ordering products that were manufactured simply in a country where there was a radiation incident???

Man some people are idiots.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It will not do any harm to you.

It will however, give you super human powers. This is a real scientific fact. No sauce though.

14. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    No sauce needed; we have most of the worlds uranium in AUS and as such it is sold in supermarkets ;they had to put it to use somehow, well besides selling it to North Korea and the U.S. I'm off to pick up a couple of Uranium energy drinks to test this theory out, I'll jump off a building as my first test to see if I can fly, I'll post back afterwards with results...

15. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    ^Nuka Cola?

:nerd:

16. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I buy the generic brand but I've done an ingredients comparison and it is 99% the same as Nuka Cola.

The one I buy has a more bitter aftertaste vs the sweet taste of Nuka Cola, ala coke vs pepsi.

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Nice one Brasky, lol @ ''Made in China''

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Thank you sir, for believing in me and your dedication. :D

19. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Scared about radiation? You carry a cellphone with you at all times, and get x-rays that bombard you with tons of radiation.

It's just moderation.

[​IMG]

BONK

20. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    Question:

Do Beta & Gamma radiation & particles always have a short decay time (short-lived / short half-life) & high energy, while Alpha radiation / particles is the exact opposite?
    Is this a scientific fact or does it depend of whether its a high-energy particle or not and Does it go like this?

Alpha Radiation = low energy / long half-life, low penetrating power.
    Beta Radiation = Higher Energy, shorter half-life, higher penetration
    Gamma Radiation = High Energy, short half-life, high penetration

Or are there alpha radiation / particles that also have a High Energy, short half-life, high penetration like Beta & Gamma?