1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jan 02 2019 RTSS has stopped working - generic error message in Windows 8.

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by hopeful, Jan 2, 2019.

1. hopeful

hopeful Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    While not giving the same error as the Windows update/version issue we experienced previously, a friend of mine was using Afterburner and RTSS without issue until this morning of January 2nd. Now upon each start up, Windows gives a generic notification warning about RTSS failing to work and if you close the notification it keeps coming back within seconds.

We've gone through the usual uninstall /reinstall including RTSS Profile data.
    I've installed the most recent Afterburner package with RTSS 7.2.x and it has not changed the results.

Her last Windows updates were on Dec 02 2018.

I'd like to say something obvious changed however the video drivers, Windows updates, Afterburner/RTSS haven't been touched/amended.

I am going to try and capture an image of it later though again it is a quite general message and may not speak to anything.

We could not find any logs?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just installed RTSS in a 8.1 VM and it works with current updates.