Jack Thompson sends letter to Take-Two chairman's mom

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by klambre, Apr 25, 2008.

1. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Jack Thompson is at it again. Just days before the release of Grand Theft Auto IV, the attorney sent the following letter to the mother of Take-Two executive chairman Strauss Zelnick.

Source

2. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    I've played GTA and don't feel the urge to go out and steal cars and murder people, not even immediately after playing it.

My parents taught me what was right and wrong, you can not blame a game that you should not be playing until you are 18. I would hope for all our sakes by the time you are 18 you should know stealing cars and murder is bad.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I think chairman of Take2 is old enough to take responsibility for his own actions. And he's sending the letter to his mom. Lmao!!!!
    Besides, games don't learn people how to unprotect weapons (safety switch), they don't learn us how to reload them properly and they don't teach us how to fire them. All we see in games is their effect and how to hold them. But any idiot with 3 working brain cells could do that without previously playing any game.
    I mean there were absolutelly no games in year 1920, yet ppl were still shoting and killing others. How about that? This Jack Thomspon idiot clearly lacks even those 3 brain cells... Damn i wish he'd stfu already. I mean i wouldn't wonder much if someday someone shoot him between the eyes. Gaming industry is not just garage geeks with PC's anymore, it's heavy business like tobacco or oil industry. You can soon end up being dead skunk in the trunk ... (my favorite mission tag name in GTA3 btw :) )

Btw, i've been killing digital ppl and monsters and stealing cars and **** ever since Pac Man on Commodore 64 II. And i'm perfectly normal person (apart from being slightly over g33ky hehe). So don't tell me BS that games make ppl kill others or steal cars. Why!? I can kill 3000 ppl in SoF 1/2/3 in most gory way possible, crash hundreds of cops in NFS and steal cars in GTA. Even Ferrari's and airplanes. Why the **** would i want to do that in real life?
    So they could wank me? Ahahah. Right. I ain't that stupid. Thats the whole point of games. You can do things no sane person would ever do in real life.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I couldn't stand the games... to arcade styled for me... sold my original xbox and the few GTA games I had which were unopened after I played one for a few hours.

5. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    god how low can you go, writing a letter to someones mom!.

i think jack and strauss (cool name btw) should have a punch up or even better make a game of it....

honestly i have been killing grannys and banging prostitutes for years now in gta an dnot once have i thought about breaking the law, people who think otherwise are semi-retarded.

im pissed that this guy makes a living out of bitching about it

6. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Jack Tompson is an attention Whore. Plain and simple. I would sue his ass for harrassment for sending my mother a letter. I hope it happens. It was uneeded and unwarented. Hell lets start writing letters to everyones mom for things they do that we do not like. Lets start the list, Mrs Gates, Mrs Jobs etc...

Its all bull****. Jack need to learn he is an attention Whore and go to some mental health clinic to get that **** worked out.

7. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Mind that was a douchebag-move it was an incredibly funny
    Definitly in the same style as mean stuff I write or say (although I can't quote the old testament)

He's a bone chilling jerk, love it

8. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Bible quotes? Let me laugh even harder. There's nothing violent in there at all...

Thompson has no right sending stuff like this to anyone's mum. The reply letter had better be "Hey look, down in that bottomless pit, the button to stop GTA. Go on, jump down there Jackyboy. That's a good noob."

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    For ****'s sake. When will this guy learn? He literally needs to be hung or something. He is such a retard. I think he is the single most anger inducing person on the planet.

A letter to Strauss' MUM? How low will this guy go to get some attention?

For the last time, if a game like GTA can have that kind of affect on someone, that person is ALREADY ****ed up.

Speaking of GTAIV, I played it just yesterday at a friend's in Uni. He has a chipped 360 and downloaded the rip. Apart from the horrendous lock on aiming still being used, it's awesome. Miles better than VC or SA.

10. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    File a harassment suite , surely even though he can be expected to receive letters like this but not his mother.

Jack Thompson needs to be taken down a peg , his stupidity weakens any case against video game violence whether warranted or not.

They did the same with rock and roll years ago , now its the people who loved rock and roll way back when telling us video games will turn us into killers.

11. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i think take two should make gta5 an extremely peacefull game, but not tell anyone about it, only let them find out when its released.
    that way, when out dear fried jack thompson is asking for it to be banned even before the release, he will look even more stupid.

who's with me for starting a petition to take two to make this happen?

12. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    wow if you can sue for it i would for sure, this guy is 100% a piece of ****.
    where i come from if you were to do something like this to someones mom you will end up badly injured............. at the least :D

13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i think the first time i ever played gta was when i was like 7 tthink it was GTA london anyhow i have a good reason why this game is healthy for you

If you take your anger out on a game , steal cars, hit people on the streets gets chased by cops classic gta then your more likely not to do this as you have had your fix on GTA, well thats my super theory lol

14. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    I am not sure but this letter slashing the legal limits of harassment, if these assertions were published be prosecuted for slander.

15. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    application like cure?

I do not think that because people like to steal cars and beat and kill people are not interested in playing games, if you put a murderer to play Counter-Strike probably kill a player (in real life) because it is better than him.

in fact there have been similar cases.

may be the case that a criminal ignorant learn what is the result of their actions but I doubt that will change their behavior, perhaps in some cases but a very low number.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008

16. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    I hope Thompson unicorning explodes.

17. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Jack Thompson needs to shut the hell up, case closed. I keep wondering which candidate will bring up violent video games in their campaign. Most like Hillary since she's spoken out about them before.

18. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    It's one thing to go after the company that makes the game, but to go after the mother of the man who owns the company? That's just disgustingly low even for a political weasel like Jack Thompson...

19. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    He sure has a way with words, doesn't he?

I certainly wouldn't want my children playing GTA, but I don't care for Jack Thompson either. While I'd respect someone for standing up for his beliefs, his logic on some other issues eludes me. He has targeted Halo and CounterStrike before, and this "training" thing is a laugh. The annoying thing is that he won't go away. He'll return to the forefront with every major violent game release, and even more so with every school shooting no matter if the killer plays violent video games or not.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Her son is raking in the $$$$$$$ and likely his mom is getting some nice gifts, so i seriously doubt she gives a shi*
    princibals and morals are always for sale if the price is right.