I've never been to Russia, will never go to Russia, and have nothing against Russia.......

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Feb 13, 2020.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    But leave my damn game clients alone! I'm getting 6 digit security codes sent to my phone from Origin in Russian meaning that someone is trying to log into my account. The message was in freakin Russian! From 2013-2015 I was offline and when returning online my Steam account was hacked to pieces by a Russian who played hundreds of hours of Counter Strike. It took me months to get it straightened out with Steam going back to verify old credit card numbers before it was finally fixed. Then the SOB had the nerve to message me via Steam asking what happened to the account.

Out of pure coincidence I logged into Origin a couple days ago for the first time in months to get Sims 4, and changed my password along with updated phone number etc. Now some poor bastard in Russia is having trouble logging into my Origin account. Is PC gaming that bad in Russia? Do we need to send Trump over there to fix things?

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL you just trigger that HEMI guy with Trump comment.Expect thread to be closed once he starts with tantrum. I do not know how the hacks happen but they do because every place has leaks and email address are out there and weak passwords are easily cracked.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just in case, it was not me. :cool:

PS I do not play multiplay games, and I will never play Sims.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  4. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    But..... did he rush B?

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    1 word... authenticators...

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  6. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    "Someone needs to update his security protocols...."
    Batman in Arkham Knight

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Change Origin password, change E-Mail password, done.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  8. Was he really good at all the games he/she I guess or they lol! played on your account(s)? Like did you check for achievements etc? Just curious

Also did you ever lose any money throughout all of this like people buying things where you weren’t aware of what was occurring? That would suck...

Hope everything is ok and not too much identifying information of yours is at stake (reg identity theft) Did steam/ea ever give you feedback on how best to prevent this from never happening again?

jbscotchman likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if you're getting authent requests, they already have your password.

10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    STOP using the same password twice... for anything. Some random forum gets hacked. Your email and password are then sold around and tried on other platforms until it matches the one you repeated. Use two factor authentication.

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Bots might be spamming common passwords into login form.
    If you have simple password that can be found in dictionary, I highly suggest to change it.

12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Aw hell yeah! Make Cheeki Breeki great again!

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oh I've changed my password multiple times and enabled all the security measures, these bastards are relentless. My Steam account was vulnerable due to inactivity, same with Origin. I urge anyone and everyone to keep your stuff up to date. And keep track of your credit card history.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I don`t think PC gaming is bad in Russia. Anyone can use game platforms like Steam - games are cheaper here. But also anyone can download cracked games from torrents.
    I am professional programmer, so I have never used stolen software. (Although some of my colleagues laugh at me for that, and reckon me a weirdo.)

airbud7, jbscotchman and Netherwind like this.
  15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    This doesn't make sense. Unless they have access to your email account(s) and phone number (SIM hacking), how can they change your password? How does not using it for a long time make it vulnerable?

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Got my origin account hacked once too. Got security questions about my pets in Russian (according to google translate). Never had any pets... :(

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    He only played Counter Strike the whole time, 152 hrs. I didn't lose any money throughout the whole deal, the biggest pain the ass was just retrieving old order information. Steam has really upped their security settings since then, Origin, not so much I guess.

18. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    You have a better chance at winning the lottery than counting on a trust fund baby to "fix" things lmao

Back to topic.... I am sorry to hear that. Glad things are starting to work out finally.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got GTA5 account hacked once last year, I didn't play for 2-3 months then tried to login and saw it's now connected to some .ru mail.

The good thing was he played (or hacked with it lol) a lot and got me to lvl 500 and idk I have like 2 billion dollars, yacht, banks, clubs, everything :D

before i was lvl25, and i think i had 200K $ and 2-3 houses lol

airbud7, jbscotchman and mbk1969 like this.
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    So technically speaking you were subcontracting Russian mafia.