1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itunes Fraud

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sdamaged99, May 30, 2010.

1. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Hi,

Somehow someone managed to spend £150 on Itunes using my debit card to purchase various items, and i am having a hard time getting Apple involved. There are no options on their website to report fraud, and i have had to cancel my card via the bank. The bank are being helpful and say they will send my wife and I new cards, and refund the money, but surely Apple should take interest as well?

Apparently Itunes fraud is absolutely rife and the company are showing little to no interest - even refusing to give people refunds.

Anyone had this happen to them?

It's a pain as we haven't been able to get any cash out this weekend :-(

2. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    well, theoretically its the card / banks responsibility to help and refund your stolen money.
    What apple should be doing is invetigate HOW your card info was stolen and try and make sure it doesn't happen again.

But... from a business point of view they got the best deal. The banks are refunding your money, they got 150$ so everyone's happy.
    Why change a working system?

3. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Yep, everyone wins, especially Apple. The mistake you made was trust Apple, as they have a record of simply not caring. It's been well documented that certain companies simply don't give a damn about their customers, and Google, Apple and Ebay/Paypal are some of the worst offenders.

4. Russell

Russell Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 280
    I would have thought that since its card fraud the banks issue a charge back and therefore Apple doesn't get paid ?

5. Pete1989

Pete1989 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4870
    I dont see what Apple has done wrong really. My brother had some stuff ordered on Amazon when he lost his card a month back, they just said phone your bank and cancel the card. Banks insurance paid the damage, amazon didnt do anything. Im sure that most places you buy from would do just the same.

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Card issuers job to investigate this, Apple should assist them.

7. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    The bank will take the money back from Apple. If it happens enough the bank will start calling people to verify transactions from Apple. This is Apple's problem, but not their fault. If they do not do more to secure their system it is likely to cost them business.

8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    its not up to the retailer to do anything unless there is probable breech of data protection on their behalf.

They are not to know card details are stolen or not.

agreed with Hallryu, card issuer will pass this on to their fraud department, who will look into it and get relevant transaction info from apple. it will be near on impossible to find out where abouts along the lines your card details got taken. The only way is if they catch the wnaker and he/she tells the police..

Good luck with it all man

9. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Like others have said.

You report it to your Credit Card company, and fill in the forms that where suspected Fraud.

They contact Apple, and work with them to work out where they came from and whether it's legit etc.

Got nothing to do with Apple, or any other company, these things happen and it's up to you to keep your online identity and cards safe.