1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's true. 8800GTS is a perfect Quadro now (3DSMAX9 ONLY!!!)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Bluefirexp, Apr 11, 2007.

1. umungus78

umungus78 New Member

GPU:
    leadtek 8800 GTX
    ok, i am going back to xp64 (or xp32 if needed), its much more important to me to have a quadro than working under vista !! ;)

but can you send me your howto, please ?
    cheers ;)

2. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

PM sent! Would love to get this working with my 8800GTX.

3. m_collner

m_collner New Member

GPU:
    GF 7300 / Fire GL 3100
    We have been discussing a 8800 quadro-mood at school, no one thought it was possible.
    Congratulations!

4. ngpuiyee

ngpuiyee Member

GPU:
    Can I have a HOW-TO pmed to me too?
    Since softmodded a Geforce 6800 ultra to Quadro fx4000, I have been looked for a new cheap horsepower for my upcoming new computer (using PCI-E of course)

5. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
  6. umungus78

umungus78 New Member

GPU:
    leadtek 8800 GTX
    nobody is answering anymore i think.

7. magnav0x

magnav0x New Member

Could you PM the info Bluefirexp? I just recently posted a thread about what kind of card to get for my father's new CAD machine. I was thinking of getting a 8800GTS to save money on the Quadro, but I know he'd want the best since he does it for a living. You could save me some nice green :approval:

However he also uses SolidWorks which I think uses OpenGL (I'm not positive) so this won't work for that correct?

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  8. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gainward GTX460 GS 2GB
    yes, OpenGL Appz don't benefit from the mod, i think i clearly stated this in this thread 3 or 4 times...Only 3dsmax.

9. quadxeon

quadxeon Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX5600
  10. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400

all 8800gts or gtx are made in TSMC, not by xfx or leadtek and so on.

the are only 2 differences : bios and sticker

11. spaman64

spaman64 Member

Hey VirtualEx

If one uses this technique combined with the nvbios is there any chance that the opengl functionality will be unlocked? I am specifically interested in quad buffered opengl. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

12. quadxeon

quadxeon Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX5600

sure, but you should consider different core- memclocks (standard, extreme, xxx-edition blabla...) :)

13. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400

different clocks are achieved with different bios versions, as you can save your bios, overclock it with nibitor, and then flash it back.

ps: but don't try this at home unless you know what you are doing.

14. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

Anyone got this mod working with an 8800GTX?

Tried installing the NVstrap driver and setting to custom 019D (Quadro 5600), but when windows reboots its says that I have an unknown video device. Does one have to uninstall the default Forceware drivers and reinstall the Quadro video drivers after installing the NVStrap driver and forcing the card to a custom device ID?

Would love the give the Maxtreme drivers a go as some of my larger models bring my machine to a crawl with the default drivers.

15. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Anytime you change the ID, the OS thinks you have replaced hardware, so you need drivers that support the new ID - if they are already installed, the reboot will automatically use them. If the currently installed drivers do not include the ID in the .inf files, you will need another driver set.

16. loafer87gt

loafer87gt Member

Thanks Alex.

17. handpick

handpick New Member

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTX@ 630/2060
    @Bluefirexp: YGPM ;)

Could anyone please send me a pm with the quadro mod info? my asus 8800 gtx watertank ed. is sold, I´ll ship it by wednesday and get an 8800 GTS 320mb to replace it, but would love to benchmark this card with and without the mod first, then do the same with the gts 320 and look for differences. Will post the results when I´m done for sure ;). Thanks a lot

18. star_f

star_f Member

GPU:
    Ati HD4870, 512 MB
    Yeah. I really would like to know the trick too. Bying a gtx 8800 soon. BluefireXP, please do send me a PM. Thank you so much.

19. Neo_Moucha

Neo_Moucha Active Member

GPU:
    1xQ4600,1xGTS512,4x6800GT
    me too...

20. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gainward GTX460 GS 2GB
    i'm sorry guys- the mod is extremely easy and as i wrote in my first post: reading by searching is the way to go. With this thread i just wanted to inform you, that the mod IS possible. So now you know that you can do it. And even by reading this actual thread here gives the necessary hints. I PMed those members, which i do trust or know for quite some time. All the others are encouraged to find things out themselves. I mean- this is fun, isn't it? That's why we are here. There is no fun without a little risk.

btw: there seems to be a problem with GTX cards, so the mod might not work with them.

Last edited: May 17, 2007