Its the little things.....

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Li4m79, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    The thread is about little things, people keep posting the big things. :p

2. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    In bioshock, that when you looked at the art, you had some information displayed about it on your hud.

3. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    +1
    Just want to hear about the wee things, the little finishing touches, the cherries on top of the cakes, the full stop at the end of a sentence, you get the picture!

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Fun, like in UT2004, C&C Generals: Zero Hour in lan party, Mass Effect 1&2, GTR2...

No annoying bugs which hurt your gaming experince, I can deal with small ones as long as those dont crash your game or **** up other things very badly.

If it works and is fun to play, then it's fine. I'm not that picky about sounds if those are not horrible. Graphics are not big deal if those work.

Gameplay, custom controls (these should be in every game!).

5. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Likeable/memorable characters

control system

a good ending.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

Same here. I remember when I first played the first Far Cry game. You could shoot through the walls in the cabins and a stream of light would come in. That was so cool back then.

7. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Finding items like the Daedric Helm of God in hidden areas while playing Morrowind... Just awesome. I wish Oblivion would have kept that same idea.

8. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Man, I just don't see it in games anymore, ever since 2005. They're more or less dead to me in these terms. All the stuff that used to be great back in the day just got used up or dumbed down beyond a reasonable measure.

The last one was FEAR - those little details on levels that seemed sterile on a first look.

I used to dig weird textures in FPS, like wall made of faces in Doom, or some ugly weird stones in Hexen. I used to love enemies' death animations, each and every one was hand-made hence unique, unexpected and funny in every shooter. I used to love every detail of landscape in many 2D strategies like Stronghold, AoE or HoMM. I used to love GTA: Vice City because of all the incredible details hidden around the city, like rare vehicles\hidden packages\weird places hard to come across...

9. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    How's this stack for "little things you appreciate."

The clouds in Two Worlds 2.
    They appear to have volume, and they roll like realistic clouds, their shapes change.
    One of those things that don't effect gameplay, but it was something i saw and was like.
    "Damn those are nice clouds."

10. Poddy

Poddy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTS 320mb
    Ones that immediately spring to mind were the (at the time) amazing physics in the CS Source Beta where the only playable map was Dust. EVERY time I started a round I would shoot the barrels, watch them topple and roll down the hill, and be dumbstruck by it every time (sounds pretty primitive now, on a slightly human level as well!).

In GTR2 also, driving along you could hear tiny pieces of gravel and tarmac tapping at the floor of the car, that sucked me right into the experience.

I suppose this is quite a large thing, but the music in Red Dead Redemption. The little Wild West melodies that trickled in every now again never made me feel so superbly lost in a game before.

11. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    I liked the personalised Voice in GRID (and other games) providing your name is on the list.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    When not on a mission in GTA4 i tend to beat every pedestrian up who calls me up in a bad way for bumping into him.

Sometimes a little brawl gets out of hand and i find myself running across time square with police helicopters on my *ss. :D

Also, that occasional taxi driver bumping into a group of ppl and getting beat up is sheer quality to watch. GTA4 is alive wherever you look.