it's not looking good for AAA fps releases in the coming year..

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jun 22, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    one or two AAA fps coming, things doesn't look good at the moment for AAA fps, what do you think guys?

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'd argue that AAA fps titles have been awful for several years now outside of the odd gem.

Then again I'm biased as I'm not overly keen on the genre.

3. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    RS Siege and Battlefront are looking decent. Other than that I guess there's always Call of Du ....nope, can't even joke about it.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    It means a lot of remakes are coming. I saw in a interview that even activsion are thinking of it. :bang:

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The last great shooter was Destiny on ps4. Nothing recent comes close to it on pc when it comes to gunfight mechanics. Pc fps have been dead for many years.

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Destiny was boring IMO. Felt exactly like Halo. For me Wolfenstein was the best FPS in years

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    IMO it was great and the combat mechanics were 100% spot on, Wolf doesn't even come close.

To each their own though, of course, I respect your opinion :)

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Destiny is boring, i prefer borderlands 2 and pre over it , tbh i never had more fun in any game like i had in BL2 and tps.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Didn't like Borderlands either. Everyone has their opinion. Personally, I prefer the old run 'n gun FPS games like Unreal, Quake, Wolf, Doom, etc... Toxikk is a pretty good old school arena style shooter that is shaping up pretty good. It's still early access though.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I loved the dodging mechanic in Destiny. You could see the projectiles coming at you and if you were good enough, you'd dodge them, you can't beat that feeling imo. It's just like dodging imps in Doom.

I've been eyeing up Toxikk recently tbh, might get into it, I think.

11. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    As much as I love Borderlands, TPS looks more like an expansion than a stand alone game. I'd not really classify them as outright FPS titles either, they're a hybrid FPS/ARPG -- and it's the RPG segment/loot grinding aspect I enjoy most.

Honestly, the best few semi-modern FPS titles I can think of have been console exclusive or console based releases. The best FPS experience I've had in a long time was Killzone 3 with Move. If you haven't played that you've genuinely missed out.

12. Adil0n

Adil0n Active Member

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    Well personally I grew bored about Multi FPS, too much competition too little time (just my opinion or something, LOL), but I'm really looking forward Doom remake, I hope it brings some old school style to life... maybe a remake of Unreal? oh gosh I loved Unreal!

13. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2070 s
    Don't give up on FPS games yet! There are a couple in the works that will bring back a WW2 FPS and a couple of sequels. Blizzards outwatch is looking good.

14. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    would love a new WWII shooter like COD2 or MOH.

15. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    If Bf4 in Star Wars is anywhere close to the quality of Bf4, then it will scratch my itch for the next 12 months or so. Not too worried about it.

And like WhiteLightning said, remakes are coming. it's inevitable, and sooner or later the CoD franchise is gonna go back to at least MW style, if not a WW2 theme.

My hope is that whenever this Seige rubbish is done, somebody else will get ahold of the TC rights and finally do an updated, actual Rainbow Six game, with the planning stage, a full on campaign, and full multiplayer that includes the no-respawn team deathmatch mode that made it famous.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed. Nothing heading to the pc this year worth playing imo.

Clancy must be turning in his grave.

17. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Don't we have battlefront, doom, COD, R6, a new ArmaIII DLC, some new BF maps, a couple BF:HL expansions, UT, Deus Ex, Rising storm vietnam etc.. coming? Sounds about like a normal year to me. Actually I'd say it might turn out to be a fairly strong year if you are into some old franchises getting new life. Really awful year if you are into story driven FPS's ala bioshock.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Majority of those are 2016 titles.

Rainbow 6 series is now worse than any cod i've ever played and has been since the first Vegas. SW:BF3 is a non contender simply because its the exact same game as the last 3 BF but with a star wars skin and theres absolutely no reason why it couldnt be released as a dlc skin pack. ARMA3 is broken trash and always has been and there really is no reason for them to be releasing DLC for a game that is simply unplayable.

So that leaves COD as the only AAA fps this year that even be worth looking at.

19. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Is R6 looking that bad? and the OP said coming year not current year which is why i posted some 2016 stuff.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes.. yes it is.

Coming year?... I read it as coming this year. Fair play to ya.

Yeah Doom and Deus Ex looks about it for me, though most proably on the console, im not interesting in updating pc hardware anymore, not worth it.