Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jiu-jitsuGOD, Jun 27, 2007.

1. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    first this isn't a discussion about the ppu..second look at the first posts i made was there anything derogatory? No don't think so.. the recycle bin was a joke made to sniperdaws ..just because hes been around and is a cool guy with a sense of humor which seems most of you missed..:rolleyes: this was a serious discussion until i heard 80000 times about the ppu which this has nothing to do with. this thread at all, and crysis which this thread has nothing to do with as well.. so instead of discussing things in a civilized manner you get insults and bickering.and how everything else sucks . Constant negativity towards anything new AT ALL. no one can creatively articulate there point without hijacking a thread. With there only point of reference is either about a product that has nothing to do with the current one we are suppose to be discussing or some game thats not out yet except a few peoples post that were very enlightening..even if they didn't support it .. thats cool .. saying Crysis is better when the F'in game isn't even out yet, or saying something sucks when you never used it is infantile. using a reference is one thing. Pushing your opinion upon other is another.

2. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Ok, so this thread is about an AI add-on card, it may look good on paper but with today's CPU's that are getting more and more capable everyday it seems, then shouldn't the CPU be able to handle things like AI and dare I say it physics without the need for an external processor???

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not that we need it, it's just good to have. That's all. Like I said, I think it's a good idea, but I don't think it'll catch on enough sadly.

I also think this is a good idea, and possible. But, I don't think developers would use this, or think about it to use it. Like I said, ATI offers physics with the x3 crossfire systems(Still don't know about nvidia, so confirm?).

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  4. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    this is how i feel about new hardware seriously guys...this even for the haters.. I want anything that can make games better.. I like the fact that pc gaming can go in different directions. I like having specific hardware that sets us apart from console gamers and makes us more exclusive.. regardless of price because... for chrsit sake look how much we spend already on GPU .. they rape us..so im willing to take a chance on new things.. its exciting .. and if you guys let it . it would be exciting for you too.. if the 360 came out with an AI usb chip that was awesome id be pissed if pc's couldn't get it .

just my thought before anyone wants to judge me.. this is truly how i feel.

5. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    But this topic is related to the PPU! And besides- why can't people mention stuff that that has something to do with it? If I write in a topic about overclocking- am I not allowed to mention something about a proper cooling due to increased temperatures? And it is better to be skeptical towards something and be positively surprised then the other way around, don't you think?

6. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    NO THIS TOPIC IS NOT RELATED TO THE PPU IN ANYWWWWAAAAY AT ALLLL..LOL THEY HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON!!!!!!!!

PPU STANDS FOR PHYSX PROCESSING UNIT LOL

Initia Processor =A.I.P.U.= ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROCESSING UNIT.

AGEIA OWNS PhysX (based in california)
    Ai seek Owns Initia ( based in Israel)
    PHYSX and A.I. ARE NOT THE SAME THING..
    is that CLEAR enough ?

7. atlas029

atlas029 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga295gtx+/8800GTS640
    I would have to agree with some of the guys here.......the only place that a ai card would greatly improve game is in the sport sector of pc/concs. games...amagine a linebacker not just reacting but now thinking(WOW) madden would be on a diff. level...for that i would buy it!!

8. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    NOW that would be an awesome concept.. Advanced AI for madden or sports games in general..SWEET!!!

everyone moving independently . like a RB knowing the difference between a cut block and a drop block when the QB is scrambling. or a safety being able to think on the fly to cover the deep route or make a play on a potential play action pass.. FREAKING AWESOME! you know how many time ive been screwed playing madden because the cpu AI does something totally ridiculous like double team a TE when someone like tory Holt is on man coverage.. on 3rd and 15.. there no way to assign him so your screwed.. you have to select some obscure player and move him out of position to cover him .

9. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Looks decent...but realistically, im unimpressed by addons simply due to the fact that no one cares enough about them to even make them an integral part of a motherboard...

10. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    this is another so called AGEIA but for AI. pffffs

11. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    Well, another cost it may be, but no one can deny the AI superiority and the options for programmers will be expanded exponentially with the use of this card. Sure, games of today and yesterday have AI encoded, but why do we even have multiplayer? Everyone has experienced playing against preprogrammed AI that seems robotic at times and often is too predictable.

How awesome would it be to be able to play a computer oponent that can read your strategies and specific skill sets and apply a counter strategy or move?

I'm not saying I'll buy one tomorrow if they're available, but those of you who refute the advancement of our own hobby we share are truly narrow minded.

12. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    In order for something to be worth the silicon its made with...it has to have the proper support and enough support for it to be a worth while investment. I can honestly see this turning into another PhysX card situation later on down the road...

13. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    This goes without saying and its quite given if the proper driver support and software doesn't follow suit, they are asking for a product to fail.

14. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i think this is a useless product, nothing a modern CPU can't handle. I don't even think there is AI advanced enough out there to bog down your CPU

unless this thing is cheap and has good launch support its not going to do well

15. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    As of yet, no there isn't much. But with dedicated hardware, this would allow the instruction set and programming to be much more advanced and therefore could allow nearly an infinite amount of calculations to be processed while not taxing the CPU at the same time.

While CPU's can emulate AI at the software level, it cannot truly compute the instruction sets built for these cards.

Just like the CPU tests in 3DMark crush even the most powerful quad core CPU's available today, its evident that they were not designed to compute what the GPU does so efficiently.

16. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    How about instead of silly add-in cards being developed, devs used current hardware to its capabilities.

17. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Seriously if these Addons were so good and made such a diffrence do you really think it would be these small companies pushing them? Intel, AMD, Nvidia or ATI would be the ones to release them cos they would of bought into it soon as they heard. i would much rather this kind of tech was implemented into Graphics cards or even motherboards, we pay enough for our hardware and all we are playing on the pc is 2nd rate ports.

18. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

very very good point.

19. damasta

damasta Guest

GPU:
    Palit HD4850 512mb
    I think that the reason that PPU and AIPU are compared by many people in this threat is because both processors do the same thing but in different arias.
    -Both ppu and aipu try to advance gameplay, the first with beter physics the second with beter AI.
    -Both ppu and aipu are targeted mainly for gamers and they are useless if they are not used by gamers or by games.
    -Both ppu and aipu do something that was already done by cpu claiming that they do it faster.
    So, it is expected that some people will try compare and talk about the ppus in this threat...

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    when i think about it there are few games that eat all the processing power of my current cpu and would definately need better ai but still having sli/xfire, soundcard, ppu and then this might not fit ur comp :eek: same with 3x xfire thingie that takes alot of room >_< lets start making bigger mobos and cheaper hardware >_<