Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jiu-jitsuGOD, Jun 27, 2007.

1. damasta

damasta Guest

GPU:
    Palit HD4850 512mb
    smnoamls I totally agree with you.

Just a couple of things to add. In theory, every processor with a amount of memory can do what ever a Turing machine can do. Nothing more, nothing less. The only thing that changes between processors (cpu,gpu,ppu,Intia) is how fast they can do what they are asked to and for what reason they are optimized (and by that I mean that they would be designed in hardware level to calculate something faster not something that no other processor can calculate). Maybe the Intia would be optimised for AI but that doesn't mean that it can do more in AI, it just means that it can do it faster (compared with another processor which has the same power).

The cpus are not optimized for AI ( they are used for general purposes so they are not optimized for anything in particular) but cpus nowadays are so fast that even a optimized hardware it is difficult to make a great diference. As smnoamls mentioned AI is all about tree searching and that mean that optimization won't do any great good.

Marketing-wise only hardcore player would consider buying the aiseek processor. That means that game developers won't bother to invest money into making their games support it (game developers don't even bother to invest in a lot of cases in EAX5.0 even if a lot of people have an x-fi or in brand new graphic effects). Definately game developers won't make games which run exclusive with it because this means that they will sell their games only to the little part of the gamers that have this processor.

The only thing that can make AI processors (and PPU) a success is if they are included in a graphic or mother card. In that way gamers will be "forced" to include them in their computers and then the game devs will start to become intrested in the new hardware.

2. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    quad sli8800GTX @826/2900 :) (H2o)
    lol
    NO...a cpu is not as capable with AI as this.but if it makes you feel better you can believe whatever you want...heck I like this more than the PPU.I hope eventually we even have to SLI them just to get online..

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Er, I sincerely hope you are just being overly sarcastic.

Do you even realise how abosolutely ridiculous this idea is??

This goes in the same bucket as that 'Killer NIC' load of rubbish.

Crysis for instance has been coded to use CPU cores for AI & Physics.

There is no need whatsoever for a dedicated AI processor, as in fact, AI algorithms lend themselves perfectly to suit a general purpose processor.

4. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    there is a huge need for dedicated AI hardware .. enemies in games are stupid. Crysis is not even out so you cant even comment on it.we need hardware like this to catch on.. so all the cheap skates will have to switch to consoles and stop holding back the REAL enthusiast pc gamer.

5. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    It doesnt matter how good this thing is i dont think it will sell , ive seem games will decent A.I allread. If i want to play against more realistic A.I i will go online , it seems that no games support it either and no mention of games that will support it

if games start to take a real advantage with it (what the physX is starting to do) it might be worth considering but i cant beleive a company has done something like this and not even mentioned game support , seems stupid really

6. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

No, AI isnt good because it hasnt been coded that well. Nothing to do with the hardware.

i.e. look at ET:QW Beta on an 8800GTX V 7600GT looks exactly the same. Nothing to do with the hardware. Its all down to the coding.

ANd I honestly cannot imagine game devs coding ANOTHER API into their games, on top of the PhysX (if they use it). That would be the main game engine (DX or OGL), PhysX & this AI BS all to be coded for in the game.

Sorry, dont see it happening.

7. damasta

damasta Guest

GPU:
    Palit HD4850 512mb
    I wrote you a bunch of things to convince you. I spent some time to wrote all these things down. Wasted time. Nothing more I can do. You say a lot of things. Where do you know all these staff (like: "a cpu is not as capable with AI as this").
    Believe what you will, time will tell.

8. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    damasta that was very inspirational and a very good read. .check your pm's

lol you guys get your panties in such a bunch...

but hey if this AI was suddenly an on board solution everyone would be like oh wow cool...

what are you gonna do when the release the neural net processor a learning computer?!?!?! huh then what ?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  9. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You can be damn sure I wouldnt be buying an add in board for AI or physics!

10. Phalanx

Phalanx Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX SLI @ 650/2000
    OK, Mr. Prissypants, if you were such a "enthusiast" or harcore PC gamer, why don't you have the latest hardware?? Where's your Quad core, or your DDR3, or your new P35 chipset??

Just STFU about this nonsense, if they keep driving up the cost of PC gaming they will just kill an alerady shakey market, and we ALL be foreced to play console games because no company in their right mind will develop for a platform that has only a handfull of users.

11. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    LMAO...

12. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Currently, AI isn't so good because of the scripts themselves, not the speed at which they are run.

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is the bazillionth time I've seen you flame bait in these heated discussions.

This doesn't only go to you, but for everyone: I said I'm going to be more strict in this section, and that's what's going to happen. If I see more flaming and personal attacks from any of you, I'll start handing out bans in a heartbeat.

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    But does so at slower speed.

Zing!
    Great analogy ;)

15. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    excellent point...

16. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    lmao you've not still got that usless Physx card?

17. jiu-jitsuGOD

jiu-jitsuGOD Banned

GPU:
    LMAO ROFLMAO awesome-

Finally someone with some personality and a sense of style..
    yeah i still got it ..lol

Im developing an addon card for the recycle bin.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  18. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

so CPU's aren't good for graphics(fair enough), nor are they good for Physics and now AI...who knows what else CPU's won't be good for in the future. Intel might as well give up now...these tiny little companies (that no one has heard of) making these little crappy cards are taking over...brace yourselves Intel!

(I guess AMD is gone for sure now)

19. Gaboou

Gaboou Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 8800GTXes ->> SM 275T
    I defended jiu-jitsuGOD in another thread related to the PhysX card but after seeing all this I just changed my mind...
    In my opinion he is starting controversial threads and expects everyone to agree with him. What is this all for? This is supposed to be a (civilized) discussion and not an "O my god, you're so right" nonsense. "If two people agree with each other completely then one of them is not needed anymore", or something similar...
    Besides some things are better/more affordable if they stay integrated, for example HDD or LAN controllers. We don't need "new" technology for it.
    Isn't this sentence telling everything about your addin frenzy?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  20. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    We call that an extra harddrive, which that data will be gone anyways.