It's Coming

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by LtMatt81, Jun 1, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Aren't all modern high-end HSFs work with flat copper tubes touching the CPU, and then going to fins to cool them? The same exact principle is working here. The flat copper tube touches the vrm and the heat is water transferred to the radiator. This is basic stuff really. It's still fishy somehow.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Those are gas filled copper tubes that do not "flow". Water cooling is a bit different.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Toasty mosfets means an unstable overclock, it also means degradation sooner rather than later, guaranteed unless cooled properly.

4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    That is just racist. And it's been confirmed by another site from Denmark as well. So they're no good at doing things too, one would imagine? This puts AMD in even worse position, their attempt to "cover" things up literally backfired.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I had no idea the French weren't part of the "human race"? If anything it's an example of xenophobia.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The block only covers the GPU. The VRM cooling is really questionable.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    We all know they are "white", "black", "yellow", "blue" (tuareg) and...French. :D

Jokes apart Xenophobia is a more proper word to define it.

8. thesmokingman

thesmokingman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950
    From reviews the card doesn't seem to run that hot yet the thermal image paints a different picture. I don't know what to believe. If the thermal image is true that would have to mean AMD didn't give two cents or this aio with copper vrm cooling was the best they could come up with? It just does not compute.

9. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Pretty soon AMD won't have any money left to make stupid FIX3R videos, and AMDMatt and AMDJoe are gonna become average Matt and average Joe and we'll live happily ever after in a more green environment. :infinity:

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    That the cause of the lame 75mhz oc Hilbert got on the card?

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Actually CPU hsfs are full of liquid whose whole purpose is to heat up and go to the fins for cooling. It is exactly the same principle, but thermodynamics get the role of the pump.

12. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Yes. It's likely that, and the fact that the card is really being pushed to remain competitive at stock in the first place.

13. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    If someone is looking to build a new comp and had no love for either AMD or Nvidia....why would they choose the Fury X? The 980ti beats it in most benchmarks, does not require space to mount the radiator. The 980ti has more memory....even though it is not HBM, for most people six is better then four.

From a technology standpoint it is a cool idea, but the people that buy these cards want to show off FPS, OC ability, benchmarks etc. If you are a fan of AMD, you have nothing atm that Nvidia can't beat.

Also some keep mentioning that we should wait for better drivers for it to shine....Well, how long has BF4 been out? Are you telling me they could not have their drivers polished enough to make it kick ass in that game if they could?

It is not a bad card, but from a marketing standpoint it is a complete failure. The gpu business is a king of the hill battle. AMD ran up the hill and tripped at Nvidia's feet.

Pretty sure some at AMD will be loosing their jobs.....

14. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -

:heh: :heh: :thumbup:

i like the reviews though, it shows that the fury competes with the titan x at 1440p and 2160p.
    and i am sure we dont have to wait 6 months for a driver. ;) asder00...

2160p -> goodbye MSAA, goodbye 1000€ titan x
    http://www.golem.de/news/radeon-r9-...erg-schlaegt-nvidias-titan-1506-114780-6.html

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The driver is the on-the-fly compiler and scheduler for the GPU. If you have a newer GPU, then yes, you need time to optimize it for that. As for all the rest, my only doubt about the AMD card is what I see about VRM temps. After what has happened with Kepler I wouldn't trust NVIDIA with a long term investment.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I suspect nobody responsible will loose his job SPECIALLY where is more needed: in the driver department.

17. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    But AMD has had this card since inception. Are you saying that Nvidia will keep staying ahead of the Fury X with their 980ti because they will also update their drivers?

As for Kepler....not sure I understand your statement. Kepler based cards are still viable cards. 780ti is still a great card that is close to the 970.

18. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    A card like 780TI ROG MATRIX beat the 970 easily !

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The drivers are surely bad. They have worse frametime variance than the 295x2. I just saw the Tech Report review that has frame variance and 99th percentile metrics. :bang:

That's a disaster for a single GPU. How come nobody else reports this?

My 7970 shouldn't be on par with the Titan/780 on new games. Either NVIDIA doesn't improve their drivers, or their hardware doesn't prove to be as impressive in the long run.

20. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU: