Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Indeed, it's an idiocy on biblical scale. Wear face masks in shops stick to the 2m metre rule..... unless you're part of the hospitality industry in which case you don't have to stick to 2m and given that a portion of the 'hospitality industry' involves people eating and drinking it makes face masks even more idiotic. I have no specific issues with rules and guidelines but this stupid attitude of a rule for everyone 'unless' is starting to get beyond a joke now. The UK government did it with the social bubble thing. You can have a social bubble of up to 6 people I think it was unless you're a school child in which case they were going to extend it to 30 people or to put it another way there is no way to work within the guidelines so just admit that and give it up.

Sorry but you just have to look at the figures of countries that have done the job well to see that lockdowns have stopped the spread of the virus within those respective countries. The difference comes with the respective countries attitudes to what they are trying to achieve with their lockdowns and what they plan to do post lockdown. The countries that have opted to stop it dead have done so and continue to go in to isolated lockdowns to eradicate pockets as they spring up. To put that in context somewhere like SK would lockdown a city if it had 60 or so cases spring up. On the flipside the countries were lockdown will be ineffective are those that have treated it as something that has to be managed as an on going issue, something that needs to be pushed back until the numbers are low enough to allow them to come out of lockdown and then just manage the on going numbers hoping that the guidelines and 'common sense' will prevent any spikes. To put this in context that number of 60 cases that would lock down a Chinese or SK city won't be enough to even register in the daily figures of somewhere like the UK or US.

It's very odd when you really think about it. I can imagine that somewhere like SK the folk there will continue to follow guidelines despite that country having a near eradication of the virus yet places like the US and UK we'll follow the guidelines until we get bored, we could still have 25000 people a week being infected (at least according to latest ONS figures) yet folk are already looking at just going back to doing things normally. We hold our freedoms in such high regard that our governments waited too long and then were not heavy handed enough with what we needed to do to actually put a dead stop to this and the truly ironic thing about all this is that counties like China, the people there will have a restoration of their normal daily lives and their freedoms long before we ever do because we are now going to spend the forseeable future yoyoing between guidelines and lockdowns.

Redemption80 likes this.
  2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    If only your post had been limited to the parts I put in bold, two factual statements and one very good suggestion.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Answer to this is simple. Forget about COVID for a moment. Look at medical personnel in past years. And look for answer of: "Why the heck they wore masks during many procedures and in hazard situations?"

Answer is simple: "Masks Work."

You did right thing to wear mask.

toyo and Deleted member 109358 like this.
  4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    and? It was pretty evident a good few months ago that whatever vaccine they came up with was most likely going to be a seasonal one similar to the flu vaccine. Not really sure what the big reveal here is meant to be?

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, there is this fact. Most of people who take it will either not get real thing or will have it mild. Then there is going to be some small percent that hill have it worse.

People will have to make choice. There is always choice. Let's say that you are in group of people who have like 8% mortality rate. Or people who expect 20% chance to have lasting damage to body from encounter. Then You would be smart to take yearly shot.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you'd have to be an idiot not to realise its airborn.

Alessio1989, XP-200, Mufflore and 2 others like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Interesting, thought it was primarily based around fluids much as those travel through the air but I suppose there's always a chance there's other methods for it to spread too although bits of body fluid is already pretty widespread and can be found just about everywhere. ~

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Masks help to stop it and of course respirators (with better results).
    [​IMG]

toyo and Noisiv like this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There are nuances. And deal with efficiency of transfer and survivability.
    Basically it has been confirmed that it has easy time jumping people indoors, but has big troubles outside. (One of supporting points for lab theory.)
    There are viruses that can jump easily outdoors too. So, maybe they talk mutation that can easily jump outdoors. (I have not read linked articles.)

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    JonasBeckman likes this.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Here theyve been talking almost from the get go that it is aerosol so basicly airborne can spread some 8 meters. Ofc in well ventilated places and outside it isnt as effective in spreading.

Masks for sure will lessen the chance of getting the disease. If you add a face shield or fullcover mask even more so. Mask will stop alot of the stuff anyway

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This woman describes perfectly what I, and millions of people across the world are feeling.

This is what it's all come down to. Do we move forward with our society? Or do we give up and let an invisible threat take over our lives?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    RzrTrek and angelgraves13 like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Braindead woman addresses braindeader oompa loompah.

toyo likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what the hell is wrong with people Im sorry but that woman is insane respect the virus but at same time at same time send kids back to school unless masks are mandated and enforced that disaster waiting to happen few places are making it mandatory even less are enforcing it.

and trump...

It like people have lost sense. im sorry but this pandemic has got worse and has speed up in the states not slow down, 1mill + more infected in less then month.

If respect was give to virus they would not be gambling with the publics safety and not saying damn the torpedoes and going forward with open everything. no government should be doing this with putting in place mandatory rule like MASK and enforcing. I get economy need to go on and life need to go but this can be done with making things worse which what is happen with how thing are being handled

Fox2232 likes this.
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    She started OK. Then turned it from objective to subjective and personal. Sadly, Objective part was introduction and Subjective part was reason for her speech.

Now question to you @jbscotchman : "If this lockdown could end up completely after you eat bullet, would you?"
    (You are asking a lot of people to do that. And you may end up being one of them.)

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well looks like up here is Scotland we will be moving into phase 3 starting tomorrow, so the ship is on track and we are almost at the shore. :)

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    .... wow

angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB

Excellent video that talks about the truth & common sense, no conspiracies here. Please watch...

I personally do not know anyone dead from this virus and have been asking many friends & family for the past 3 months, still don't know any.

It is no Pandemic & far exaggerated, it really is.

I work as a care taker, many old 80+ years old people live there. Not a single dead to my knowledge.

My sister works in a large GP. No deaths from the virus and it was never overly busy...

And as for the lies about hospitals being busy and overwhelmed, really?

They never were overwhelmed & in fact most were empty since this Plandemic...

We know a good police officer who has served over 20 years, yet not a single death from the police force related to the virus. She also visited several hospitals which claimed to be overwhelmed yet were empty...

Most deaths occurred in care homes, why? Because the lovely government sent many sick people from hospitals to care homes purposely to infect & kill off the already old, sick and dying patients....

If anything, there should be a protest for "Old lives matter" instead of "black lives matter"

No police officers social distance or wear any masks & no issues...

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I live over 1/2 of my life expectancy. Yet, I do not know about single person which died of flu in my vicinity. But it is still real. It leads to death of many people and this is much more dangerous.

(It is simple perspective to your statements. Maybe you can apply it to cancer too.)

Edit: 15:00 Sweden Case, He says that Sweden's who took light approach has mere 117~225 deaths per million people in country while Italy has over 500. Except it is lie and Sweden has currently 543 per million and Italy 577.

Edit 2: If I put my country into perspective of Sweden.
    We have few percent larger population. Did about same number of tests too. We ended up with 5.8 times fewer confirmed infection and 16.5 times lesser deaths per million.

Edit 3: 28:00 He talks about herd immunity with SARS? He apparently does not know what SARS is!!!

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've seen this video and yes, we have got to talk about facts. But you're asking a lot out of this forum. I've never experienced bigotry or prejudice in my life until this pandemic happened.

angelgraves13 and kanej2007 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.