Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    all i hearing from that is people care more bout the economy, then the well being the population , again peoples priorities are messed up, lift the restriction just cause people want riot and protest it like turn a blind eye to problem, which tend to make things worse.

People are people and the tend to be stupid, and boggles my mind how they can be so stupid. China where this all started has all this under control there number have really changed in months. other countries not so much. US drop back down to 1.2m just prior to starting opening things and month later US is pushing 1.9m soon to be 2m+ it one thing to have infections under control which the US does now and to actual have it under control which again US does not.

there need to less emphasis on what the people want and governments want and more emphases on what best the population in the longer term vs short term.

NVM the protest and riots happen in the state cause a cop kill black person. again in middle of pandemic.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Man did I have you pegged or what? Quit harassing my inbox. Cowering in fear? If you came within 6 feet of me without a mask on, lets see who would be cowering in fear. I value my life more than your 'fear of the paper pushers'. Your free will never extends to the point of endangering others. And don't you dare message me about my attitude given what you let your political allies get away with. You're welcome.

XP-200 likes this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeah it is a very worrying time to say the least, and if you have like youself elderly loved ones moreso, and all we can hope for is at this time the lockdown has at least bought us all enough extra time until the boffins get a vaccine out and about and we can kick this thing into touch, but just keep pestering them, and pestering them to the point that they might at least take more precautions just to keep you happy, that is a win right there, and you just go right on loving and worring about them, they are your parents, no one elses. ;)

Stay safe all.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Here in Austria things are back to mostly normal... sure masks in public transports and many shops are still a thing, but further softening of the mask rules will come June 15th. Already in restaurants the guests don't have to wear them at the table, but again when they have to visit the bathroom... go figure.
    I guess we shall see if the numbers in infected will continue to decline, but at least museums, operas and cinemas will be open by June 15th, in addition to sports like gyms and indoor climbing etc.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Oh it's been a sh*t show from start to, well i was going to say finish but it's clear that the UK's approach is not to get rid of the virus but rather to 'manage' it (I use the word 'manage' loosely as well).

The protests or 'organised looting' what ever you want to call it are tiresome. I find it ironic that it has a tag line about lives mattering when it's very clear that 'lives matter' only if they can gather together and tell people they matter but in the middle of a pandemic? If lives mattered so much they would not be gathering together and risking lives, the irony surely can't have been lost on these people?

Then again it's just another example of the washed out, limp wristed, guide with a catching slogan while doing nothing and hoping that stiff upper lips will some how just get us through this approach that this country has had through out.

Watch what everyone else is doing, do a half arsed... perhaps quarter arse job of it and make sure it's done two or three weeks before or after it should have been done but all the while make sure that the people know that the effort will be 'world leading'. Yes world leading in how incompetent, mis managed, piss poor and disgracefully implemented it is.

Too right, you guys did the right thing at the right time and it's paid off and rightly deserve to have things return to normal.

6. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I know right, what do people think is going to happen when everyone is jobless & homeless walkin' the streets ...

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think that is most countries idea, manage it for sake of economy and hope the populations has the brains to be smart during all of it which they are not. I get the economy must go on but it not good if people go back business as usual cause everything was open, cause that exacta what will happen they will ignore what is actual going on like that are now with protest and riots cause and that exactly how people are acting by me cause they been slowly open thing, And the news has been very good about stating cases have spiked since open stuff and there still going threw with it. say nothing about other riots going and protest going on in middle of all this cause cops kill black guy. almost nothing really happen when it White/Mexican/Hispanic/Asian etc not much news let alone riots and protest, but soon as it black it blow up and that is in middle of what going already.

wish it was that simple with them, mother was never one to listen to anything she didnt like or want to hear it was more ignore it do it anyway and my dad made habit of turn blind eye to it even when he knew something bad would happen from it, cause he didn want to deal her. it source of issue with the family that blew up over the years.

I mean seriously not 2 day after every start open up thing up here she "needed" to have here hair and nails done go out to other public places, out right said she didnt care if she got or if she died or if the other in house got it, we all had to yell at her to stop her. and she is the one with alot health issue. I had flip crap cause of that and her not want to hear or caring about thing she dont like is cause of lot issue to being with. and before some dumb ass say i living in fear I not, trying to be smart and accept the situation, and not ignore it and think it dont existant. there difference between being smart and stupid.

If people want to be stupid let them but they better be living by the self, so they they cant drag other with down with there stupidity.

we all have enough frustration and stress cause all this with out loves ones added into cause they dont care or want to hear

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Let's be honest, some older people would rather take the chance and die than play it safe and be locked away.

I know that's hard to hear if that person is a family member, but how many older people die early when the life they once had is no longer there.

Life is a constant risk assessment.

When it comes to Covid19 these protests/riots could be beneficial for governments. Obviously not the looting but if mass breaking of social distancing does not cause infections and deaths to increase then it's good news, if it does increase then people will see that rather than just be hit with hypotheticals.

We need to move forward soon, a safe vaccine is likely 2022 if ever and prolonging the lockdown is just going to increase poverty, crime and ruin the mental and physical health of millions of people.

9. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Any scientist and medic that is pro protests now but moaned about the lockdown being broken earlier should be stripped of license.
    Medical science is not supposed to have an opinion if a social issue like police brutality and racial animosity are more damaging than a pandemic. We are supposed to treat all people in need, not engage in political activism.
    I for one was opposed to protests of all sorts from the start. What happens now in the US and the West is madness.
    Anyway, activist medics need to be stripped of their license. A patient cannot trust a medic that evaluates which lives matter and how based on skin color.

chanw4 and Carfax like this.
  10. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    LoL

Mistajista likes this.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ha ha in the face of you all you that thought this lock down was to help us or omg I cant even type I am lmao to say this .....to save lives
    haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    its over they have the protests to run with now
    how are the people with thier health now?> no jobs the business is burnt down you took off some blm graffiti and they threaten to kill your family haaaaa what a bunch of sheep
    shove your science up your butt as far as you can

ok ok so we got disease locusts (rioters)whats next when GOD throws a nade on this earth
    trust in god forget "scientists" or "experts" why no denouncing of these protests for the sate of humanity by them?
    yup sheeple you been played

jbscotchman likes this.
  12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Well you can't blame people for being skeptical. The original projections for deaths were MUCH higher than what we are actually experiencing. Honestly so far, the virus seems to be as lethal as the flu (but more contagious) for certain types of people.

I'm sure the actual infection rate is much higher than the official records going by some of the statistical analyses that I've seen. That's actually a good thing in a way, because it means the virus is not dangerous for the vast majority of the population.

We're back on this China thing again? How many times does it have to be said, you can't trust anything coming out of China!

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hey at least we got a we got a politically correct and hip new term out of the whole deal. Social distancing, it was the cool thing to do. :cool: Now get out there and do your part by rioting, I mean peacefully protest...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's a good thing as it let's us see the consequences of large groups of people being together outside. We will find out either way in next few months.

I worry about social distancing, it's a path to people being even more unsociable in the future. I miss the pub and even when they do open back up it won't be the same. A packed pub is the best kind.

Better hygiene is definitely a step in the right direction though.

kanej2007 likes this.
  15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Don't count your chickens just yet! This study was pronounced as bogus and retracted due to faulty methods that were used. :D

Lancet makes one of the biggest retractions in modern history

It's such a shame that even the medical community now is being tainted by politics.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    [​IMG]

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Guys, whatever your view is on this. Please understand that it came into Western world after flu season. (Flu season is not time where people intentionally infect each other, but time of year which is best for transmission of such disease.)
    It continues to spread faster and kill much more than flu does in summer. And even while weather conditions are helping to slow it down, there are countries with 500~1000 people dead per million.
    At end of the year, we'll have to face real wave of this sh*t. So, please, be prepared.

This is not to be taken lightly. Maybe in course of 12 months since it got hold of some country, there are going to be only around 2000 dead people per million. But it did not have chance to show its teeth, yet.
    And while 2000 per million is just 0,2% of population per year. If that happens year after year...

And that's another thing to consider. There are multiple outcomes from year to year exposure. Maybe some people will be more resilient to it and react sooner, therefore will have it easier over years. But those who get damage to internal organs are more likely to have it worse in years to come... even with other illnesses.

There is no good reason to expose yourself or anyone else to it.

Noisiv, XP-200, anticupidon and 2 others like this.
  18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I live in a county that has roughly 1 million people and closing in on 600 people dead. Time and time again I hear people saying "let's get things back to normal" because "the majority of deaths are elderly people" or "the numbers aren't that high in my zip code" etc. Shocking how callous we've become.

anticupidon, XP-200 and toyo like this.
  19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Have we not always been callous?
    The difference is that we are personally living through these decisions being made and that makes it well.. more personal.

Life is a risk assessment, and laws (mostly) have been based on minimising public harm with the least amount of disruption to our lives.

Would we really want everything considered bad for us taken away?
    No planes, cars, alcohol, drugs, unhealthy food and after a couple of negative studies on mental health, gaming is now banned after being blamed on the mental health, suicide and homicide issues.
    A life were we can't go on holiday, can't enjoy being inside, but at least we are alive.

Brasky likes this.
  20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    People, take your vitamin D. And for those who say that vitamins and supplements are a waste of time and money, just ignore this post or read the latest scientific research papers about vitamin D levels in those affected worse by the Covid-19.
    Listen to John Campbell's (certified nurse and MD) about it on YT.

RzrTrek, Redemption80 and toyo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.