Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Even as far back as the ancient Greeks knew the Earth wasn't flat. Like i said it is a tragic situation of the modern world that something so stupid could gain even the slightest amount of traction.

XP-200 likes this.
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Stupid gains traction cause people tend to be stupid. or want to ignore that which has been proven cause it dont align with there view or agenda

XP-200 likes this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^When i first connected to the world wide internet way back in 1999 i was stunned, imagine how humanity will evolve with every human being having at their finger tips the sum of all human knowledge now matter where they go.............and 21 years later we have flat earth and fidget spinners. o_O

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Mostly because of smart phones. The web started as a place for nerds and tech savvy people. It came with some unwritten rules, netiquette etc. It was supposed to be the great equalizer, when nobody would care that you're in Sri Lanka, China, Europe or the US, as long as you were able to participate and contribute and knew English, since this was the almost universal language of technology and easy to learn. It was supposed to offer the greatest freedom, allowing discussion of topics and behaviors that were taboo in real life. It was supposed to be for entertainment and learning, never to be confused with RL. It was supposed to offer anonymity, again, contributing to freedom, as anonymity allows one to criticize oppressing regimes and the sort.
    And then, Apple released the iPhone, and put a portable PC in hands of normies, who brought their RL grievances, behaviors and culture war "debates" online, it gave idiots the power to post with a single click, to share their lives and farm reputation, to sell their bodies to thirsty teens. There are advantages to allowing the normies online, but more often it's a disadvantage, mostly because people keep confusing RL with the virtual, which should never happen.

Redemption80 likes this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yahoo chat rooms, those were the days.

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Currently, the news is saying that as of now, 345,000 deaths are due to Covid-19, do they really expect people to believe that figure.

So More than 300,000 deaths world wide from ONE virus and nothing else???

Yearly, flu alone kills between 250,000 to 600,000 people, this is a fact, many sites confirm this, anyone is free to check...

So they are saying that 345,000 people have died from Covid and nothing else? So Covid 19 is the only killer disease and nothing else is a risk???

Why are they increasing numbers and giving false information? They are hiding the truth, this is not a Pandemic, just want to spread fear among people and worry.

We have had flu for many years, Covid 19 is a new one, many others still exist, so suddenly a world wide lockdown is implemented, and people are told to stay at home, for what? On what solid evidence??

People are starting to wake up and see that it's just a big over reaction and lockdowns only do more harm than good and increase deaths also, just what our governments want, to reduce the population and much much more.

I hope people begin to wake up before our freedom and basic human rights are taken away from us.

7. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    kanej2007 likes this.
  8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    America hasn't had 33 million cases. Am I missing something?

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Smart phones were supposed to help people get possible even help the get smarter, it has had opposite effect people got stupider and lazier, but that is another debate.

if you believe that your stupid, the USA is leading the way with infected, with almost 1.7m currently which up from the 1.2m it drop to before things started opening. if there was no lock down and restrictions put in place, it 5 times worse now, we even leading the way in deaths. You know how many video post on YT or or on other social site where made by people calling bs and going and to social gatherings ignored the wear the mask and gloves rule were made that came back with virus to make another video/post to bitch bout they got the virus? they had the selves to blame for being stupid and not listen in in first place. if you live along and want think like do for it be stupid all you want, but live with other included elderly like alot people with family do, thinking this all BS is stupid and great way to everyone you live with infected.

Seriously my last post I made stands people are stupid, and or ignore thing when it dont align with view or ageda, then when that way of thing bite them on the ass they play the "i didn't know" card

just under 1.7m with 1,647,741 US

the above image has to be projection, if 9.9% of the population was infect the government/administration/trump would be getting castrated right now for taking so long to react and being the least ready country for such issue. and even more so for "reopening thing" with that many infected

XP-200 likes this.
  10. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    and isn't the 86,469 fatalities also too low I thought it was higher than that?

It was funny two or three pages ago now it's getting a bit tiresome. We get it it's all some great big conspiracy too... well that's the thing lots of banging on about it being a conspiracy not a great deal of reason as to why they are doing it or what the long term objective is meant to be.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    And Goop online shop and whatnot... sadly, all knowledge is tainted by false information and half truths.
    And you wouldn't imagine how often people holding a smartphone and obviously from the same city ask for an address... omg.

toyo and XP-200 like this.
  12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Obvious politics is obvious.
    At this point in time you'll get more accurate and more relevant info reading CCP and Politburo press releases than reading anything coming from US govt agencies. Reason being that at least you know that your info comes from openly biased source, which at the very least is rational, steady and not schizophrenic.

Compared to Imperial College estimates, CDC's revised estimates are 4x times rosier.
    Even CDC's worst case scenario falls well outside almost all of Imperial estimates.

[​IMG]

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/mrc-gida/2020-05-21-COVID19-Report-23.pdf

toyo likes this.
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    So only off by 31 million then?

Where did they pull the 32.7 million number from?

Mental arithmetic here, but is it not nearer 6% and not 0.26% then?

14. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    If I was to hazard a guess I would say it's the leap of logic that you take the number of actual confirmed cases assume that they would have in turn spread it to 2 or 3 people they in turn would have done the same etc etc and that the majority of those people would never have known they had it ergo would not have shown up for testing to confirm that they had it bingo bongo 32million people have had Covid 19. I mean when you think about it it all makes perfect sense ;)

Redemption80 likes this.
  15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Geez Louise :rolleyes:

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    It was a great feeling from 1999 until 2008.

That was 2008, the start of idiocracy. In some ways I miss the old ways of the Internet, nobody got offended like today or all the labelling that happens. Isms and Icsts.

Sometimes I think in some ways the Internet is better than before, at the same time thinking what a crap hole it has turned into as well as what you've said. The toxic virtual behaviour has become real life now.

Funny now the Internet is equally the worst and best thing that has happened.

toyo likes this.
  17. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
  18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Funny story, here in the Toledo area there was a small protest of people who of course made it political with Trump signs all over and other parties bad basically, also having signs saying "Open up the US," or my favorite "Covid is a hoax." Yet at the same time, half of them including the person with that sign was wearing a mask.

So do you really believe it's a hoax or....?

XP-200 likes this.
  19. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    It's the cities, obviously. Rural areas, countryside etc. are naturally socially distanced, in average, better. It's not just the US, which had dramatic issues with NY, but Milan, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona. Worst case scenario is to have typical gatherings the type that mostly happen in cities, like the Serie A games, the 8 March protests in Spain. You're not gonna get these superspreading events on the countryside, unless it's a Woodstock or something. The rural areas are naturally more resilient to deal with contagion.
    Big hospitals are also great at spreading (and treating...) the outbreaks. Most of our large local outbreaks were hospitals where one nurse or medic decided to ignore some of the PPE requirements, and then infected almost all their colleagues, who in their turn infected other non-COVID patients. In one city just a single one of these events led to 3400 cases and a huge shitshow. 75% or so of all hospital personnel got infected. The military had to step in and implement discipline and training, military medics took over the leadership, the remaining negative hospital staff was basically held in the hospital for 3 weeks under military discipline. The whole county had to be cordoned off the rest of the country too. 205 people are now dead there, including medics, nurses and other staff. It only takes one person being negligent and you can go from almost no cases to hundreds plus community spread in 2 weeks.

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    If people actually listen carefully to the words used in the wording of the news, it is used to manipulate people.

They will say that the person died tested POSITIVE for Covid-19 not from it!!!

Simple example. Supposing I have a heart condition & I happen to catch a virus, let's say Covid-19, I might die as a result of the virus or because of my heart condition, correct??

Now, instead of testing the body to determine the exact cause of death, they will assume that Covid-19 was responsible for the death simply because he is infected or testing positive for Covid19!!!

Most people don't even realise this.

And it's true, for months, the media & news all say the exact same manipulating sentence:

Anyone may of had the virus before, maybe not.

But just because you test positive for the virus does NOT mean that it is the cause of death!!

However, the media are saying that each person who dies, was tested positive for Coronavirus.

Recent figures world wide was around 345,000 deaths.

The media & news are clearly saying that the 345,000 dead were all tested positive for the virus but not from it!!

So, the question is, what are the TRUE deaths FROM Covid-19? Just because you have been tested positive does not mean it's the cause of death...

I believe that the true death rate world wide FROM coronavirus is less than 1%

The other 99% of people who died were from other types of flu or health condition..

But, just because they tested positive for the virus it's another body added to the list....

This is how the numbers seem so high when they are not.

So far this year, people who have died hasn't been much different to any previous year.

It's not like suddenly an extra 10% of the population have died compared to last year, it does NOT justify a pandemic & lockdown.

All just to create fear, panic, spreading lies & nonsense. They are doing an amazing job by increasing deaths & blaming it on the virus ruling out any other reason, and people actually believe it???

RzrTrek likes this.