Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Greece wants to open up in for visitors in June from select countries I read. Spain is shooting for July. But all charter flights from here are cancelled and you'd have to take a 10 day quarantine on return.
    And insurance companies say travel insurance is invalid in foreign countries as long as the advise from the department of state is to not travel.

cowie likes this.
  2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    hey tj glad you are ok
    I am saying of coarse it will help to lock everybody down it wont spread but will it just die out?
    see its not really science its educated speculation

sry laughing machine I have to disagree science is disproven by facts always
    what we had was speculation many top doctors and scientists disagree on the issue
    so it becomes my science is better than your's bs
    they used the model from the u.k to project millions dying but just a few months later that model has been debunked as buggy to say the least
    so they had it wrong from that point and its all truth fron there?they about face every month
    ok what about the W.H.O that said it could not be spread human to human? or the cdc saying don't wear a mask?or how about that it can live on a surface for 9 days (even I with basic pathogen cleaning training knew that it was bs) but now they say its hard to get from surfaces and that's from the cdc btw
    so science is always disproven by fact on this matter
    I am not pointing fingers but you really have to listen to all theses doctors but not listen to all these doctors
    I said it before I am in no way downplaying this virus i just have no hidden agenda like most science does

-Tj- likes this.
  3. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I can say that in my view I don't believe science as a whole has a hidden agenda, it is ever changing as new data is collected.

People in general see that science saying 'this was wrong, we now believe this' as weakness to the argument when it is a great strength, dealing with unknowns and then theorizing on it is going to draw naysayers and in my view both sides are right to speculate.

There is science that is concrete and will never change, there is science that is ever changing.

cowie likes this.
  4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    You're splitting 'science' and 'facts' in to two different entities when the reality is that they intrinsically linked to each other.

cowie likes this.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I meant as it pertains to this virus and such
    we do not have much to go on because if we did a vaccine would be out and there would be no discussion on what steps to take
    its what the "experts" have gone back on that's worrying
    remember we had a flat earth and many other things that have changed as the human race has gotten smarter.
    not sure if the common cold has a cure yet and that's been around for awhile
    anyways I agree that science is the end-all its just not the be all atm
    they say they have proof of water on mars they got all this stuff up there but there is no proof to this day
    so I am leary of bold claims always plus I hate most doctors and the death care err I mean health care in the states so I am biased a little towards what they claim

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Ironically we never believed the Earth was flat. It's only as we have got 'smarter' that this belief has gained any traction. It's a great example of unquestionable science fact being questioned by the opinion of a small minority because they now have easy access to media and communication that allows them to influence; the stupid, the uneducated and the contrarians, at some point along the way someone with a bit of cache gets hold of the information and then passes it on and suddenly that opinion that started out as pure stupid suddenly gains a bit of traction and now you have people who would normally be considered intelligent spouting nonsense and this is very relevant now because that is exactly what is happening with the current situation. Science fact is getting clouded by opinion and the ease with which that opinion can then be communicated to the masses is what is causing more issues at a time when what we need are real experts telling us what to do based on established, studied and tested science fact.

I am sorry I am going to have to use you as an example here Cowie but you stated in a previous post that the WHO stated that the virus had no human to human transmission. You used this as an example of science being wrong when the facts showed otherwise. Only issue is that was a preliminary report on the virus, now to me that says that the information is incomplete subject to study and further analysis before a final verdict or 'science fact' can be determined. Yet somewhere along the line someone saw this, determined it was the truth and then via time and who knows how many other factors you ended up using this as an example to back up an opinion you were making.

cowie and toyo like this.
  7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    ,not talking in this century or the flatearthers of today
    who said it so I guess science with an agenda sucks huh?
    no scientists over there?
    I would not know that's was my point that the agenda gets in the way of truth
    they said it to cover for china it seems or believed them but it did slow things down
    not disputing science just the agenda and data

8. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Even as far back as the ancient Greeks knew the Earth wasn't flat. Like i said it is a tragic situation of the modern world that something so stupid could gain even the slightest amount of traction.

XP-200 likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Stupid gains traction cause people tend to be stupid. or want to ignore that which has been proven cause it dont align with there view or agenda

XP-200 likes this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^When i first connected to the world wide internet way back in 1999 i was stunned, imagine how humanity will evolve with every human being having at their finger tips the sum of all human knowledge now matter where they go.............and 21 years later we have flat earth and fidget spinners. o_O

Last edited: May 25, 2020

11. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Mostly because of smart phones. The web started as a place for nerds and tech savvy people. It came with some unwritten rules, netiquette etc. It was supposed to be the great equalizer, when nobody would care that you're in Sri Lanka, China, Europe or the US, as long as you were able to participate and contribute and knew English, since this was the almost universal language of technology and easy to learn. It was supposed to offer the greatest freedom, allowing discussion of topics and behaviors that were taboo in real life. It was supposed to be for entertainment and learning, never to be confused with RL. It was supposed to offer anonymity, again, contributing to freedom, as anonymity allows one to criticize oppressing regimes and the sort.
    And then, Apple released the iPhone, and put a portable PC in hands of normies, who brought their RL grievances, behaviors and culture war "debates" online, it gave idiots the power to post with a single click, to share their lives and farm reputation, to sell their bodies to thirsty teens. There are advantages to allowing the normies online, but more often it's a disadvantage, mostly because people keep confusing RL with the virtual, which should never happen.

Redemption80 likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yahoo chat rooms, those were the days.

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Currently, the news is saying that as of now, 345,000 deaths are due to Covid-19, do they really expect people to believe that figure.

So More than 300,000 deaths world wide from ONE virus and nothing else???

Yearly, flu alone kills between 250,000 to 600,000 people, this is a fact, many sites confirm this, anyone is free to check...

So they are saying that 345,000 people have died from Covid and nothing else? So Covid 19 is the only killer disease and nothing else is a risk???

Why are they increasing numbers and giving false information? They are hiding the truth, this is not a Pandemic, just want to spread fear among people and worry.

We have had flu for many years, Covid 19 is a new one, many others still exist, so suddenly a world wide lockdown is implemented, and people are told to stay at home, for what? On what solid evidence??

People are starting to wake up and see that it's just a big over reaction and lockdowns only do more harm than good and increase deaths also, just what our governments want, to reduce the population and much much more.

I hope people begin to wake up before our freedom and basic human rights are taken away from us.

14. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    kanej2007 likes this.
  15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    America hasn't had 33 million cases. Am I missing something?

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Smart phones were supposed to help people get possible even help the get smarter, it has had opposite effect people got stupider and lazier, but that is another debate.

if you believe that your stupid, the USA is leading the way with infected, with almost 1.7m currently which up from the 1.2m it drop to before things started opening. if there was no lock down and restrictions put in place, it 5 times worse now, we even leading the way in deaths. You know how many video post on YT or or on other social site where made by people calling bs and going and to social gatherings ignored the wear the mask and gloves rule were made that came back with virus to make another video/post to bitch bout they got the virus? they had the selves to blame for being stupid and not listen in in first place. if you live along and want think like do for it be stupid all you want, but live with other included elderly like alot people with family do, thinking this all BS is stupid and great way to everyone you live with infected.

Seriously my last post I made stands people are stupid, and or ignore thing when it dont align with view or ageda, then when that way of thing bite them on the ass they play the "i didn't know" card

just under 1.7m with 1,647,741 US

the above image has to be projection, if 9.9% of the population was infect the government/administration/trump would be getting castrated right now for taking so long to react and being the least ready country for such issue. and even more so for "reopening thing" with that many infected

XP-200 likes this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    and isn't the 86,469 fatalities also too low I thought it was higher than that?

It was funny two or three pages ago now it's getting a bit tiresome. We get it it's all some great big conspiracy too... well that's the thing lots of banging on about it being a conspiracy not a great deal of reason as to why they are doing it or what the long term objective is meant to be.

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    And Goop online shop and whatnot... sadly, all knowledge is tainted by false information and half truths.
    And you wouldn't imagine how often people holding a smartphone and obviously from the same city ask for an address... omg.

toyo and XP-200 like this.
  19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Obvious politics is obvious.
    At this point in time you'll get more accurate and more relevant info reading CCP and Politburo press releases than reading anything coming from US govt agencies. Reason being that at least you know that your info comes from openly biased source, which at the very least is rational, steady and not schizophrenic.

Compared to Imperial College estimates, CDC's revised estimates are 4x times rosier.
    Even CDC's worst case scenario falls well outside almost all of Imperial estimates.

[​IMG]

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/mrc-gida/2020-05-21-COVID19-Report-23.pdf

toyo likes this.
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    So only off by 31 million then?

Where did they pull the 32.7 million number from?

Mental arithmetic here, but is it not nearer 6% and not 0.26% then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.