Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    This thread needs closing.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @felix-09 consider that you've got a warning.
    Reason being the impolite manners and calling names.
    There is a reason we have rules, the forum is not your living room. It's everyone's web space.
    Learn to behave and keep you manners in check.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    You clearly misunderstood.
    I said so many, many times.
    I just can't stand people misbehaving and calling names.
    If by someone telling you to act reasonable and behave makes this forum or other place a influenced site, yes it is.
    This site is governed by politeness, good faith, free anual contest and unbiased hardware reviews and benchmarks. This is what Guru3D is influenced by.
    So good sir, if you are offended by something, try to remember that you misbehaved in the first place. And if a easy going, academic discussion doesn't suit you, just look somewhere else.

4. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    I'd love to get paid by Intel and Nvidia to shitpost from the comfort of my home instead of having to go to work almost every day and look at boring pictures of sick people, where do I sign up.

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That's rich open mind if they think like you is not an open mind.

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Stop reporting each other over trivial things.

I get that name calling may hurt feelings, let it go; believe when I say we pay attention and if it gets out of hand it will be dealt with.
    Hell I said things in this thread that some users didn't like and they spoke their peace, some even put themselves on a high horse and were demeaning, oh well.

But please try and discuss things with some respect for each other, don't be close minded, don't go tribal.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yeah the core topic is far too import just now for this thread to get locked over really silly stuff. Perhaps everyone takes a day away and comes back with posts and responses that are more constructive?

anticupidon and jbscotchman like this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The Coronavirus’ Hidden Death Toll in America’s Counties

XP-200 likes this.
  10. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    That report is all maybe and conjecture.
    Who ever wrote it even uses the word 'may' as a prefix to their findings.

One can easily turn around and find reports of someone dying of other causes but said individual had come in to contact with coronavirus and therefore their death is tallied as such and they had no ill effects from the virus itself.

jbscotchman and RzrTrek like this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I think death rates have been undercounted across the entire world, i know in the UK unless covid 19 was confirmed on the death certificate then that death was not part of the official figures, so i don't know if we will ever know the true death toll from this virus.

Mufflore likes this.
  12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The point is that deaths are above normal, more than our covid numbers can account for and it's not just in the U.S. I have posted numerous articles finding the same issue in multiple countries. It's something worth investigating do you not think so?

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yep, it took us a while to start including figures from care homes and deaths outside of hospitals treating CV19.
    Also Doctors do not have to declare they died from CV19 if they do so there is scope for abuse.

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Why are the dead not tested to determine the exact cause of death?

Many deaths could be due to other illnesses or another type of flu or virus, however, it seems that doctors are assuming that the cause of death is most likely Covid. Without a test, how can one make that assumption?

I believe that the true death figure caused by Covid is far less than what they are telling you...

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes investigate, but that article was speculation and conjecture, using words like 'may' doesn't mean much and if things were out of hand the people themselves in these towns would raise a concern.

Many are going to write articles going off on tangents in all directions.

16. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Hospitals are run for profit in America so the scope for abuse is there.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I should have prefixed that with being in the UK.
    But yes, I can see profit driven enterprise being worse.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I just heard a weird "fact" 98% of people get better no matter if they take something or not
    not sure if true I did not try to fact check
    it seems like the number who have/had it might be under but deaths are over
    just imho so don't get all wet in the lungs or nothing.
    many states have the"if you don't know what caused death its ok to take a guess and put it as this virus" have links to that those claims

jbscotchman likes this.
  19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    First and foremost hospitals (in some areas) are full to the brim with patients.
    Add to that situation scarce resources and staff, so triage is key.
    They focus on the living, and every doctor they have, they are in the same unit. No time and staff for autopsies.
    Now, as it happens some hospitals were lucky to have a full going team doing only autopsies to determine cause of death.
    So, speaking with my family who are still on the Covid 19 team, they were puzzled to find that the autopsy department delivered a very broad range of death causes, but the catalyst and the point no return was the damn Corona virus. But not all cases.
    So, it is early days to say - No, it's not death by this and that, it's the virus or the other way around.
    Eg. One doesn't die precisely of HIV, is the association of illnesses who affect an compromised immunitary system.
    Same here, the virus attacks and if a person has comorbidities, it is a very ugly situation.
    So, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, liver and heart inflammation are main causes of death.
    But as I said, it is early days.
    Science works by gathering data, and carefully examine the data and information is added constantly. Data accuracy doesn't just show up, there are some hurdles and when people are stressed out, overworked and scared, believe that errors appear.
    So, again, try to understand that personal views and beliefs are not aligned with some realities. If you think that some entity or government swindled you in believe otherwise, why don't you check for yourself and go to a Covid 19 unit and see if the truth is different.
    While you are there, don't wear a mask, it's the flu right?
    And yes, do hold the hands of those intubated in the respiratory systems and try to say again what you've just said before.
    If something doesn't happens to you, don't assume that couldn't happen to someone else.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Public officials should base their decisions on data. If the data is bad, the decisions might very well turn out to be bad as well. Right now we have quite a blind spot of "something".
    And the people won't notice excess deaths unless they're told it's happening outside of people falling over in the streets. Where do you draw the line of when deaths are "out of hand"?

Here's a chart of excess deaths for March and April.
    [​IMG]

Probably because we don't have enough test kits, same reason we don't test everyone who's still alive suspected of infection.
    Why do you think the numbers are overreported and not the other way around? Who saves face by keeping numbers low? Those in charge.

kanej2007 and XP-200 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.