Italy lockdown ...how bad is the Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    And you actually believe that from a state-run media?

Still..... I hope you're right!....

Mufflore and anticupidon like this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    For anyone doubting the power of nutrients to prevent or reverse serious illnesses, watch this video. The mainstream medical community is very ignorant when it comes to micro-nutrients and the tremendous impact they have on our health. I don't know about Europe or any other place, but here in the U.S, the vast majority of doctors believe that only drugs/medication can cure or ameliorate illness and disease.

386SX and anticupidon like this.
  3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    "...so, Jim, what can we expect? Who's gonna die?"

"Well, Bob,..." *displays 1st zone of death map* "...you've got the highest concentration of older citizens, distributed around the Nation like this, on the coasts." *...new map* "And then you've got the high risk people with heart disease, spread around the middle of the Country in this fashion." *last map, showing there's truly nowhere to hide* "This map here, it shows who has diabetes."

"Thanks Jim. And here's Tom, with the weather."

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2
    I just think the fear and panic is unwarranted (psyop), but as with anything, take whatever precautions you feel necessary, but don't lock yourself up every time your government cries wolf. Anyway still no quarantines in Sweden, people can roam the streets, go to work (though advised to work from home if possible) and starting from tomorrow high schools and universities will close.

5. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Didn't see this yet so I'll post it here...Michael Osterholm at Joe Rogan a week ago...

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Scotland and Wales are now closing schools and nurseries from Friday, and they may not open again until after this years summer holidays, plus the DWP are also closing all offices to the public.....personally i am all for any precautionary measures at this point, moreso with the young in such large numbers together at school and nurseries, and as anyone who has brought kids up will tell you once one kids gets something at the nursery they all get it, including the workers, parents and immediate family.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    fantaskarsef and Tiny_Clanger like this.
  7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Seems that in the end we will have a cure.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
  10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Anyone working for them in an at risk group (following gov advice) has been sent home for an unknown period as well.

Plus, ALL schools UK wide shut now or by friday, so staff with childcare can go home too (need to try negotiate as much as possible with possible partners to help handle that)

DWP are operating on skeleton staff when people will be needing benefit claims from losing jobs for this, no idea how they're going to work it.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Did they have to use someone who looks like they are related to swine?

13. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    phone calls and internet applications. my daughter is screwed because she does security for big venues, raves, the O2 festivals etc. shes gonna have tosign on :(

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Needs office staff, they can't work from home to do this stuff. And unfortunately, they're on less staff now.

Priority lines will need to be drawn really soon in regards to what work can fall by the wayside because they need to help people get access to money and make sure they don't lose access. I know that sanctions and suspensions have been told to stop already though so i'm talking claim faults and new claims only.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Went ahead and dusted off my old home gym equipment, to which I added some last minute extra weights and resistance bands from my local sports shop (which will close down starting tomorrow). It's not much, but I'm actually surprised of how many exercises I can do with the little I have. Also got a stationary bike, so when full on quarantine goes in effect, I can do some cardio too.

I know this might seem weird to some, given the circumstances. However, if this will drag on (and there's every indication that it will), some kind of fitness maintenance will be very important. We all know how bad sedentary lifestyle can be (especially if coupled with bad diet), including a weaker immune system.

I'm also worried for old people in this regard, their muscle mass and joints are already dwindling and rusty, being forced to be immobile due to the lockdown for months, I can already see the news of old people being moved out of their homes by wheelchair by the time this is over (and they survive).

anticupidon likes this.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Over the phone i would think for those without a internet connection, or online for those with, those without either i can only think of posting forms through the nearest claims office, which of course will have to be handled with care by the staff.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I mean yes the standard protocol for UC is that you apply online, do near everything there, then do a face to face meeting. Face to face meetings have been cancelled and I believe it's assumed you'd pass it. Near all other non UC benefit applications prefer you do it by phone (except attendance allowance which is by form for whatever reason). But either way it all pops into their computer system be it phone, online or form (doc scanning).

Problem is the processing load at their end, which is going to massively increase with less staff.

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeah, it's going to be a testing time in all jobs at the moment...morso those NHS staff on the front lines, i hope the government has the best protective gear on route to them all if not already there for them.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Dog, there is shitload of clinical research confirming that vitamins and supplements are a waste of money at best.

The latest fad is magical D. We are going through decade of "vitamin" D. Turns out that all of a sudden - there is very little Sun during winter days. So what you're gonna do - when human body is that stupid that after hundreds of thousands of years of evolution it can't figure out... seasons(!) - pop a pill of course.

Before that it was the decade of vitamin E. And who can forget the saga about Vitamin C. With one of the smartest man in the history turning into a kook.

Supplementing the diet of well-nourished adults with (most) mineral or vitamin supplements has no clear benefit and might even be harmful.

[​IMG]

big ROBOT bill and mohiuddin like this.
  20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    My company is likely going to implement widespread temporary lay offs in the near future, I'm thinking the next few days. I am financially fine, but it'll affect hundreds of people, most likely.

Doom and gloom, bring back communism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.