Issues with msi kombustor

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by Adam, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Adam

Adam Guest

GPU:
    asus engt 240 1gb ddrr3
    Hey guys usually i just did some reading here now ive gotta ask a question, i recently bought an asus engt 240 with 1024mb ddr3 vram and have noticed that since ive upgraded to the newer version of msi afterburner and kombustor that my frame rate in burn-in is around 50-60 at 1280x1024 res without aa or post-fx, but for some reason when i run benchmark i get only 15 fps. Odd because in the last version i got just over 60 fps with aa at 2x and post-fx on in benchmark. My games seem to have lost just a few frames per second as well (ive kept my oc profile from previous version). I tried formatting to a fresh windows install and still the same problem, the previous version had bench mark but no burn-in test if i remember right, so to see my benchmark fps drop so dramatically on that but not the burn in confuses me, anyway hopefully someones got an awnser, thanks in advance :bang:

2. Adam

Adam Guest

GPU:
    asus engt 240 1gb ddrr3
    wow 60+ views and no replys, guess i may have to join a different forum, if i posted in the wrong section can someone tell me where it should be posted.

3. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Let me see if I understand what you are asking; you bought a new GPU and it is running slower than your old card?

4. Adam

Adam Guest

GPU:
    asus engt 240 1gb ddrr3
    nah, same card, just upgraded to new version of msi afterburner and kombustor. I have 30% gpu usage in benchmark and around 20 fps, as opposed to when using the burn-in feature of the same software and get 60-70 fps at 99% gpu usage (which is processing the same graphics from what i can see). Ive been told its bottle necking but if that were the case my cpu would be maxed out while running it, which its not. I have the same issue in some games with cpu requirements i meet, but yet i can run a game like deadspace 2 maxed out at 1280x1024 res and get 30-40 fps and that requires supposedly a better processor than i have and i can max it out and still have a good frame rate. So im wondering if its not bottle necking causing low gpu usage what could it be, and why in msi kombustor does the burn in feature utilize the gpu properly with good fps , but in the benchmark feature it has low gpu usage and poor fps. If i sound confusing its cause the problem is confusing, ive googled it with no results and browsing forums, ive seen people with a similar issues but it was in games like battlefield bad company 2 with known issues with nvidia cards and the newer drivers.

5. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    The KMark benchmark is a more complex test, so I would expect lower scores.

Why it is only loading your GPU to 30%, I do not know.

Have you tried the 2.0.1 version?

6. Adam

Adam Guest

GPU:
    asus engt 240 1gb ddrr3
    sorry for the late response was away for a few days and no way to get at a computer, thats the version im running (2.0.1). when i installed my video card i became aware i had a card that is pci-e 2.1 and my board has pci-e 2.0, its backwards compatibale but could this perhaps be part of the problem. As ive said my pc behaves as though it is bottlenecking when it shouldnt be so perhaps its not communicating with the video card fast enough.