Issue creating task

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by tsunami231, Aug 22, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So I use CCleaner to clear out temp dir and cookies, as such I have had task created in task schedule for few years that run on boot.

Things is the task will not run it keeps telling me "an error has occured for task ccleaner. Error message : One or more of the specifed augment are not valid" no mater what task I try to create manual I get this error. so it not ccleaner specific it any task I try to manualy create

I have already tried run task scheduler as admin

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    IF i change user/group name from "my user" to "system" task works fine though, which I dont really want to do.

I didnt have this issue with previous isntalled of windows 10

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Are you sure you specify correct password for "my user"?

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I know it has something to do with users I also dont have password I the only person that touchs the pc

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if I use "system" it the task works fine if i use "USER NAME\user name" it give the above error and dont work if I use "USER NAME\administrator" it dont give that error, but it dont work.

I wonder if it cause I normally enable the admin account in gpedit then rename it as my user and use that my local account, which i dont think i did this time, either I dont get why it wont work my user is set a an local administrator account

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I just gona put in "system" so the task works before my OCD takes over and I start messing with permissions and users and cause and actual issue that cause problems. if some one know how to make this work with my "USER NAME\user name" account let me know

last time I fixed such permissions issue I loged in to the hidden admin account and reset standard/admin account on my user to fix premissions but this also cause other permission issue with UAC poping up for everything which more annoying and harder to fix

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You are talking about "Security options => When running the task, use the following user account", right?

Mine task has "Users" there (I guess a group) and it executes just fine.

Update: Actually not only my own task, but most of tasks (multiple NVidia ones) are configured with "Users" and run without errors.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh I tried "my user name"/"users" i get no error but it also dont run the task, only "system" group seem to run it

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    But what "Last Run Result" it has? Or you mean that "Last Run Time" is not updated?

Also have you tried to check "Run with highest privileges"?

And for what OS the setting "Configured for" is set?

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    last run dont happen what so ever I could delete the task and create it from scratch and reboot and upon reboot where it should be running it say never ran , tried run with highest privileges I tried all the OS "configured for" it changed nothing , I can manual click task and select run and it will run, but it will not run automatically at boot unless user group is set to system, At this point I just left it at system which is the stupid Task I create wont work under the user dont work but if "program" under that same user which is administrator sets the task it works fine go figure. I will never under stand how permissions in windows are always screwed up,

I'm local administrator yet system acts like I am not, running NGEN full compile fixes some permissions issue with some folders and files etc *example I dont rights to delete files that nothing but temp file trash, till after the compile after that is done and rebooted I can delete them, but does not fix alll permissions issue

Even when I was true administrator of the system same issue of I dont have rights and privileges to do somethings

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is the version of CCleaner? from what I understand the very newest free version has been made to start itself automatically on every windows bootup even if you disable it, I think this version was pulled when users get angry at Avast?

When I learned Avast purchased CCleaner I kind of gave up on it, I've gone back to CCleaner v5.31.6105, which is the last version before Avast takeover, that version was released 13 Jun, 2017.

*edit*

Ohh, just saw you said ccleaner wasn't the issue, my bad...

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh I think i fiqure out the issue I just dont want to do what is need to find out but basicly Windows telling me my account is "administrator" is really glitch on it but really in stanard.

I had issue will back that when ever I reset wu compents it screw with permisions I found out this glitch while back when did this

net user administrator /active:yes

then loged out and login in as admin
    went to
    User Accounts>manage account types you will notice it say ADMIN is selected ( its really not) pick standard hit apply go back into manage accounts types it will now show standard ( as it really is now) select Admin hit apply.

Sign out go back to your normal user name. open task manager will no longer prompt the uac window. from there you can open an admin CMD and run
    net user administrator /active:no

Which fixed the permsions issue, I wonder if the GUI is glitched like that again