ISO Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 parts.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by allup, Jan 31, 2024.

1. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    I know a few people like Hilbert Hagedoorn and others like myself had these awesome speaker setup, no one makes them for under 2 grand now.; i Need a new Bass amp box or for that matter, any parts for them.. Mine are from 2005 so they're showing their age..

If anyone wants to part with what they have, let me know here.... Gonna have to say... Only in the US as international shipping of that heavy box would cost a fortune. Thanks all. This is all i really need. (See Pic)
    upload_2024-1-31_10-59-27.jpeg

2. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wrong thread. This goes to Sell Buy thread.

allup likes this.
  3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    What exactly is wrong with yours?

Amps are a pretty simple thing to fix, as long as no proprietary parts are needed, which may or not be your case.

allup likes this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Just to contrast:

This is my current 2.1 setup

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9723 Monolith 12" 150W ported subwoofer ($65 new)

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43241 MTM-100 Active Desktop Speakers 50w/ch ($225 new)

I had one of those GigaWorks systems, and while it was nice, it was outperformed by the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1. The GigaWorks amp was the first to die off. In contrast, the DIY sub I built afterwards, and the new Monolith sub do better than either the GigaWorks or Klipsch. (When I was using the Klipsch system for my living room, I used the sub unit as the amp, and replaced the flimsy sats with a set of Quintet II sats)

When I want surround sound, I use my headphones.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43235

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    tsunami231 and allup like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    These things have corrosive glue all over the pcb and often need precision replacement of smd's and caps to get working again, they were also victims of the badcap era often having the cheapest rubycon clones you could get.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I actual just saw this and this is right my alley for what I actual want, but both seem to out stock and have price more double now.

So hard to find 2.1 system with actual remote well atlest ones with actual tweeter/Mid speaker most these days seem to full range speakers

still have not found worth replacement for Altec Lansing ACS 48, Satellites have buzzing in them and i pretty sure one or more chips on sub amp board has blown as sub "bass" is severely lacking now, I have to put sub volume up to 75% or more just to actual hear and feel it, where it as at 25% prior. after rewire the fuse ( cause fuse casing fell apart when I was replace a fuse) when first plug it in I hear 2 pops instead normal one sub was fine before that. and as far as i can tell the ohm on the woofer are rock solid at 8ohm so woofer should not be blown.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Monolith by Monoprice MM-5R Powered Multimedia Speakers Ribbon Tweeter with Bluetooth with Qualcomm aptX HD Audio, USB DAC, Optical Inputs (open box) - Monoprice.com

These are discounted due to Open Box, and were the other sats I considered. The ribbon driver really adds some proper treble. :)

Otherwise, Monoprice should be refreshing stock in March for a lot of things. As for subs: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=44608 This is an 8" 400w THX model Open Box for $209. Otherwise consider options from Dayton Audio.

I had friends over for Superbowl, and while waiting for the game, and at half-time, we watched Ahsoka S01 episodes off my PC onto the big TV, so it played over my 2.1 system. They were very impressed. :)

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    At price you got them at i would get them but price they currently listing i wont. sooner or later i will break down and replace the ACS 48 the sub on my ACS 48 actual rivaled if was BETTER then KHL AWS100 I have that part of AVR setup but now ACS 48 Sub on last legs the bass for it gone

My original idea was to setup my AVR Setup to also be PC speakers but for only 2.1 AVR is also current setup as 2.1. but that leave me with other issue like runing a 10 foot cable to just connected and AVR is on it last legs too, and remote for has long since died so lost 90% of functions cause it was one of LCD remotes sony thought was good idea back in late 1990

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024