is upgrading from 9800np to x800pro vivo worth it?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by kkpride, Sep 15, 2004.

1. kkpride

kkpride Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x800pro vivo@XTPE 520/560
    i think my 9800non pro is getting old so i want to get x800pro vivo (for XT mod). is it worth it? i have mix feeling and cant decide ~_~ can someone help me please~~

oh and is this card any good?
    http://www.komusa.com/fcoatirax8pr1.html
    the title didnt said anything about vivo but the description saying its vivo.. not sure its a vivo card or not and if it is vivo, is it good for xt mod?

2. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    If you can go for that kind of money, I would consider 6800GT. It has 16 pipelines vs Radeons 12. Here is the link for you to compare R X800 Pro VS NV 6800GT

3. PH8

PH8 Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS Excalibur IceQII X800XT Platinum Edition
  4. weiran

weiran Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT 256MB + 2x 19" TFTs
    I guess "Video-In, Video-Out version!" kinda gives it away... hehe! :p

5. kkpride

kkpride Member

GPU:
    thanks for reply but i know that 6800GT is right choice over X800pro. but like i said, i want to get a vivo version so i can flash to XT which is better choice than 6800GT.

and that HIS x800pro vivo looks nice but i have a vantec pci cooler under the AGP slot so i dont think i can use that card and i really like my vantec pci cooler =)
    anyway.... i also want to get vivo card thats under 430USD so please~~ help me~~

6. PH8

PH8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Damn, that's a little bit more than you can spend... :(

In regards to the cooler - the one equiped on the card is waaaaay better than any PCI cooler. Before I got my HIS, I had a similar setup and didn't think twice about ripping the PCI cooler out when I got the new card. The HIS cooler is reported on the box to drop the case temp by 11°C, but some have said that it is a relatively modest claim for a manufacturer. We're so used to them over exaggerating a claim.

It is, however, in the end entirely up to you - we're just here to give suggestions :D ;)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  7. PH8

PH8 Member Guru

GPU:
  8. kkpride

kkpride Member

GPU:
    thank you PH8 for reply.. but i have few more question. is built by ati x800pro a vivo card? and if it is, is it flashable?

9. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    If it has a "RageTheater"(ViVO) chip then most likely it can be easily flashed to an XT

10. kkpride

kkpride Member

GPU:
    thank you guys for reply =) im going to buy x800pro from bestbuy and see if they have rage theater chips on it.. if not, ill probably return it and get a vivo card online =(