Is This What is Called Justice and Freedom

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by 1wacko, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1wacko

1wacko Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI HD3870 512 MB in CF
  2. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    oh shut up, You can almost make anything look bad if you look at it from the wrong angle. You don't happen to see any muslim extremeist running up and throwing a grenade into a truck and seeing several US men get blown. They only show some instances about precautions that had to be taken. Exactly, so take that crap out of here.

3. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    This is so rediculous. It's selectively showing pictures of people bleeding mixed with sad music.

Very biased, very one sided, a sad attempt at being emotionally stirring.

This brought tears to your eyes? Every day hundreds of thousands of people die unjustly. They starve, are murdered, or die because of someone else's incompetence.
    If this made you cry, find the real world...

4. 1wacko

1wacko Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI HD3870 512 MB in CF
    I don't know why you guys get so defensive unless you know that it is true and there is something wrong. Anyways, I saw this and I thought that is was worth sharing but I was wrong becuase you people are just looking for something to b**ch about regardless.

If your hearts are this hard and cold, then of course 250,000 innocent dead people will not affect you or bring tears to your eyes.

Please if any of the mods is out there just close the thread, my bad, should have thought twice before posting this.

5. Omeguz

Omeguz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600 256 MB AGP
    You got me, I'm cold, heartless and brutal.
    Also, I don't let my opinions be steered by any random thing posted on the net, especially not something that has been deliberatly manipulated to be heartwrenching.

6. smapty

smapty Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT x2 (SLI) Stock
    Sorry but the places that are in that video where already a war zone before we got there,the middle east has been fighting wars long before America was even around, and don't get mad not everyone will agree with you on this.

I acually laughed when all of the sudden George Bush's picture came out of nowhere. We have a nation of young people that get there views of the president from videos like this and Jon Stewert, Connan O'brien, and comedy TV in general. I'm not defending GB or supporting him here, I just think people should research and form there own opinions, not have them handed to them on a silver platter.

7. Mirec

Mirec Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    Well I think George Bush went into Iraq only to get the OIL nothing more + USA spends too much on military so they needed a war to justify the expenses. some people that responeded to this thread are just purely statistics , I can guarantee you if something like that happened to them or to someone they know/knew they would react differently. And if it means that the pics were specifically taken that doesnt mean it didnt happen and to move the guilt onto real world is the worst.
    PS Not all people are stupid Americans and not every American is stupid :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  8. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    im just wondering why this is allowed to persist
    its a real problem, all my lazy co-US-inhabitants don't see how bad things are, and they continue to do nothing. and then there are all my ******* co-US-inhabitants, who know exactly whats going on and don't give a fu(k.

its annoying, to have hope for humanity, and watch the news simultaneously

9. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    ****ing mac piece of crap, i had this huge thing typed out and i hit post reply and it took me back to its homepage. im not gona even try anymore

10. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    One one hand, the American forces are doing a very dangerous task and helping Iraq rebuild, and eventually Iraq will be much stronger. On the other, a famous SAS soldier recently quit the UK forces due to moral reasons regarding US soliders he had to work with. So...

Allthough I must say that video is biased piece of politcal propaganda which anyone could come up with, no different than the very government it is attacking.

Regarding the possible clousure of this thread, I'd hope that it isnt and that people are mature enough to discuss such issues, as without discussion peoples opinions will never change.

11. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    It's a good song, the album is great by the way.

And also - as it may have some relevance - the singer was in the British Army serving in Iraq.

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    What I don't understand is why people don't read the sticky at the top of the page that specifically states that threads concerning the war in Iraq are forbidden, and will be closed on sight.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=85829

13. shades3k

shades3k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    In some ways it's a shame. In some ways it's not.

14. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Member

You can call one story biased but you never claim that what you see on CNN and other news programs is biased. That is called hypocrisy.
    Yes the United A$$#0les of America did go to war because of oil and because Iraq were not dealing their oil in American dollars anymore but had started dealing in euros instead. This is what the States' economy depends on. Iraq was making 30% more in profit by trading in Euros and what did the A-holes in Washington do? They invaded on false pretences and their first objective was to "secure the oil fields". Sons of b******.
    When the a-hole army invaded, thery started selling off the Iraqi oil for them; the oil for food program. Instead of continuing in Euros and earning the Iraqis an extra 30% profit they went back to dealing in the american dollar.
    Now America are doing the same to Iran because they have started trading in Euros instead.

Someone close this thread. I'm sick of these yanks and their "holier than thou" attitude.

15. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Actually I gotta agree then. I try and ban myself from such threads but it's too tempting a discussion lol. Go ahead and delete it.

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    How is it not a shame? Personally I would enjoy a civil conversation about the war in Iraq, with people backing themselves up with information, and not just spouting crap that they heard on the morning news because that is one of the more unreliable sources, you want more accurate information about whats going on in the middle east? check foreign newspapers (er, middle eastern region), as thats where I've found is good place to recieve information about the war/rebuilding of Iraq.
    You want to start a fight/flame war? You want to see members banned? Then just keep posting. I'm sick of people like you who make this place feel like its very unwanting of Americans.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  17. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Member

Well it would not need rebuilding if it had not been illegally invaded by money hungry, war-mongering jackasses.

18. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    closed on request of thread starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.