is this the beggining of the end

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by centurie, Nov 8, 2007.

1. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    He has absolutely zero interest in lobbies or whatever. If the vote is ever 434 versus 1, more likely than not, he's the "1." Supposedly, some lobby gave him money and he took it, but then he voted against them anyway; that's probably just an urban legend though.

2. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    you missed the points but its aight..

the fact that my ward rope is full of Chinese or east Asian items indicates what ive been saying.. ie a country with no internal market and total foreign dependence is not a superpower..

again when quoting my arguments do it fully please? can we avoid me having to re quote myself?

Does this ring any bells? selective quoting.. gotto love it.

i wouldn't mind paying more (or even the same) in a European or US made product, as a matter of fact when it comes to build quality i always try to find non Chinese parts..

Also china is responsible for its own domestic policies, we can only strongly suggest (like we already do) to stop slavery, not having a constitution which guarantees minimum rights and wages is the Chinese governments problem, companies just take the advantage..

please refer to any of the "info" which isn't coherent or doesn't make sense.

well why does population make you a superpower?

superpower
    "a country that has the capacity to project dominating power and influence anywhere in the world, and sometimes, in more than one region of the globe at a time, and so may plausibly attain the status of global hegemon."

The US fully fills the requirement, china and India don't.

3. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a
    well here is another thought for you all.........how long down the road do you think china is going to keep making american goods for a buck a day ??china is already the biggest oil company owner in the world........india has the richest man in the world , yes he has taken over bill gates by just 1 billion dollors.........he own the biggest steel industry..........china and india will own enough companies that they will not do slave labour for america any more.

this in its self will lead to the collaps of the us economy.........plus its already known the world does not need americ's consumers like they did in the past.........europe is already rich and emerging markets like china and indiana is all that we will need .

the american dolor is in free fall, banks and oil companies will stop using the dollor and instead adopt the euro.

4. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I was just wondering, what would be so bad about China gaining strength?

5. mike41

mike41 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Evga 560ti

nothing. Really its just the americans who dont want communism overpowering capitalism ( I have absolutely no problem with americans btw) this is just a fact. The cold war was all about governments and the capitalists didnt want comunism.

What this is is that the rich people (who run the american govt) dont want to make less money so china becoming a power and charging more will kill some of the overseas sales going on there.

China is form what i heard a country with no debt. They dont have problems with other countries from what i know. They wouldnt cause any problems im guessing because theyll have the whole world on their asses (UN).

Really from my personal view its corruption and capitalists want to make more money which is ythe whole point of it.:smoke:

6. oldsalt

oldsalt Member

GPU:
    Gecube AGP ATI x1950pro 256x256
    Don't waste your precious thoughts on things like this...we will all die as a result of catastrophe beyond our imagination. Someday an intelligent lifeform will find a piece of our existence...and they will laugh and ridicule him.

7. alma

alma Master Guru

GPU:
    POV8800GT512MB/Dell U2410

It is funny, you say I don't quote your statements interely and you do the same...Wikipedia goes on about the concept of superpower:

Potential superpowers
    Academics predict the possible rise of new superpowers in the 21st century, mentioning three possible superpower candidates. Whether the People's Republic of China, India or the European Union will be future superpowers is a matter of ongoing debate.

This thread is about the end of an age and the beginning of another, not about the past.

8. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    you either missing the English but the last part of your quote is the reason why i didn't bother.. IE i quoted the professor, Lyman Miller a definition and not prospects which are still subject to an an ongoing debate..

I was talking about here and know, you talked about population i talked about what is a superpower now..

Then i raise some simple issues which could undermine chinas growth (i really dont know why i have to stay breaking it up again), the issues being consumption, civil uprising or a cultural shift in the west.

9. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    News flash Mike - China's economic prosperity is due solely to Capitalistic principals. :rolleyes:

The only fear I have of China is their toxic toys being sold around the world. I just tossed out all of my daughter's Aqua-Dots that are saturated with gamma hydroxy butyrate.
    http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/07/news/international/toys_drug.ap/index.htm

Some of you seem incapable of distinguishing the difference between a fact and an opinion which is why it's impossible to have an honest and engaging debate on any issue around here.

@ Dustpuppy - I didn't accuse you of being a liar, I accused you propagating the the lies and distortions found on the Internet without doing your own research on the subject. I also found your above response to my stated facts to be quite disappointing, I expecting better from you, lol.....

Out of respect for the Mods here (who have always treated me fairly and allowed me state my opinions btw) I'm done with this thread.

IceBird is still lurking around here and I'm much more intimidated by her than the damn Chinese, :approval: