Is this a Driver problem or is my card shot?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Mav, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Mav

Mav New Member

GPU:
    ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700
    This is a screenshot from League of Legends. Notice the extreme geometric distortion. This same problem occurs in many other, and older, games as well.
    Any help regarding this, or a tip leading me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated. I've been having trouble solving this, as I don't exactly know how to describe it, the screenshot pretty much says more than I can.

[​IMG]

2. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    this looks like what I've seen when a card is not supported by a game, although your 9700 mobility should just barely meet the requirements for the game.

Can you play other games ok? If yes the gpu hardware is probably ok.

What driver are you using? The one supplied by your laptop vendor? They are usually horribly out of date. http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ has current drivers that have been modded to allow install on laptops, you might try getting a newer driver from there to work.

3. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Can you list your system specifications, please? Is it the hardware (laptop) in your sig? 9700 mobility?

4. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Go grab GPUz and see what the temps are. Its either that or lack of support.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    RTX2070 SUPER
    Looks like to me, that some of the video memory chips is faulty.

6. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    But its an older laptop which probably means his GPU uses his ram and does not have dedicated. But he did not specify any specs.