Is there is Nvidia WDDM 2.7 driver with working HW scheduling?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by St0RM53, May 28, 2020.

1. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    Ah, good to know.

I have only just installed the update yesterday, uninstalled the 446.14 driver that automatically installed after updating from 1909,
    then installed 450.99 and the toggle enabled and i restarted as it states.

Haven't checked if it stayed restarted in my situation yet, but something to check later tonight.

Edit - it stayed enabled in my case, guess its working!

Also noticing other issues with build 19041.264 when testing at work, like:

-Hyper-V adapters being present in device manager (even when removing/restarting) after going through an MDT deployment (even though Hyper-V isn't enabled in the feature list)

or

- the logon script we use with people's Active Directory accounts (to connect shared folders when they login) hanging on the step that connects a shared folder on a server still using the SMB1 protocol (yes, the SMB1 feature is enabled with automatic removal too. I've tried to convince my manager to migrate to an environment that supports a higher version, but we apparently still run required software on the server 2003 machine..). Manually running the script after exiting the script prompt works though.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. EnthusiastX

EnthusiastX Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER
    The real question is whether Hardware GPU Scheduling actually improves performance in today's games. Does it mostly help low-end hardware?

3. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080 FE
    Yeah that was a strange bug i found, i report it. it only happen a couple of times rebooting. a clean install of 450.99 (Windows Insider Cab) and reboot PC, Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling unchecks by it's self. i reinstalling Windows 10 2004 .264 and download 450.99 from https://developer.nvidia.com/directx i don't see that strange bug happening again.

Note: driver from developer.nvidia.com is around 1.3gb with PhysX but Windows Insider Cab is around 600 mb.

4. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Do you have Windows Sandbox enabled? On 1909 with WIndows Sandbox I also had Hyper-V network adapter appear in Devmgr when Sandbox was running and it wasn't when Sandbox is closed. But on 2004 adapter is always present regardless of Sandbox running, on top of that if you run and close Sandbox multiple times - more adapters get created like Hyper-V adapter #1, #2, #3 etc and will last until reboot.
    I tried a couple of games and didn't notice any difference whatsoever. I feel like Witcher 3 was running even worse on these drivers but I didn't do any specific benchmarks.

5. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 5700 XT TUF
    WU driver comes with Microsoft Store version of Radeon Software.

WDDM 2.7 drivers from Intel, AMD and NVIDIA support SM 6.5 with new Wave Intrinsics as a minimum - though it's not something that end-users can control with a slider.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  6. Mda400

Mda400 Master Guru

GPU:
    1660 - 2130/10ghz
    That was the issue, thank you for sharing! I even went as far as starting to set up a new 19041 image on a separate desktop to capture from instead of a Hyper-V VM. I figured it was somehow capturing the entries of what was in the VM's network adapter list! I have our image deployment sequence set to enable Windows Sandbox using a powershell script (to make sure all users in our company can use it for items they aren't sure about).

I'll see if this also solves the logon script issue. Guessing this may be a bug if they automatically removed after closing Sandbox?
    Please send me a private message if you want to share your findings, else i'll feel bad for posting more off-topic things in this thread.

7. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    As of now in version 2004, if you disable the "Windows Driver Installation" with the old way, it doesn't seem to disobey the command. But of course, still can't be one hundred percent sure yet.

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    All 45x drivers so far report wddm 2.7 here (OS Build 19041.329) and so far 451.22 looks like it's the best out the bunch, haven't tried 450.99 tho.HAGS switched on doesn't have an impact on performance, just a smoother experience.MS description would make sense in that regard, reduced latency would affect all input device signals used while gaming as well.That's what I get from my experience so far anyway.
    It's not magical, just noticeable.

EDIT: Placebo, it's useless, at least as it is right now.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020