Is there anything similar to TriXX Boost for Nvidia GPUs to reduce rendering resolution of games?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by devetimon, Oct 10, 2020.

1. devetimon

devetimon New Member

GPU:
    rtx2060super
    I have a 4k monitor and a Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2060 super. Many games struggle to run at 4k at a decent framerate, and many games today still don't have an in-game internal scaler to reduce the rendering res, so I must set the monitor resolution at lower non-native res but the result is softened and blurred graphics quality in games.

I know that Amd cards have the possibility to use TriXX Boost, a specific software that enables to run games at higher fps by reducing the rendering resolution and upscaling the final output image to the monitor 4k native resolution. This way you don't have to lower the monitor resolution nor the game resolution, avoiding softened and blurred images.

I've done some reasearchs and wasn't able to find something similar for Nvidia cards. Do you know if there are any software which do the same for Nvidia cards, by reducing the game rendering resolution and upscaling the final output image to the monitor native res?

2. Morax

Morax Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX Vega 64
    DLSS? Yeah I know, it only works in select titles.

Good question though. There are quite a number of games these days which offer resolution scaling (Unreal Tech 4, Frostbyte, Shadow of the Tomb Raider), but for those which don't...

3. devetimon

devetimon New Member

GPU:
    rtx2060super
    It seems strange to me that Amd cards have something like TriXX Boost which works so good, while Nvidia cards have nothing to reduce the game rendering resolution and upscale it to the monitor native resolution. Just wondering if there are any 3rd party software which can do it

4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    You also have to consider only Sapphire cards get this feature via TriXX it’s a “custom” thing the regular AMD driver suite can’t do. I only installed TriXX to change my RGB colour and uninstalled it again but I did see it and know what it does. It would be a nice feature in the regular AMD driver.
    NV as mentioned solution is DLSS unfortunately again not a driver setting but game dependant.