Is there ANY way to use dual monitors with nvidia sorround?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Pey, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    Hello,

I have a 30" monitor and a friend gave me another (along with 4 titans - he is a reviewer) and i was wondering if there´s a chance to make games work at 5120x1600 with nvidia.

I tried softTH but without success :( the app detects the resolutions (in the config at least it does) but I cant set it up in the game?

Any ideas? :(

Regards

Pey

2. Helpful

Helpful Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
  3. nakquada

nakquada Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    2 screens would drive you mad as your centre point of focus is a divider of two, leaving it at the bezel area. If you were to play spanned FPS titles that would be impossible to aim with.

Whereas 3 screens would leave your centre point at 1.5 which is perfectly placed in the middle of your centre screen - which is where you want it! :)

4. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    From what I have read Surround will only enable with 3 monitors. And even if you could you would not be able to play the game well since as said your view point would be between the two monitors. I remember doing that with my Crossfire HD 6950 setup before I got my third screen and it did not work very well. But on the AMD/ATI cards you could do it.

5. Zurv

Zurv Member

GPU:
    GTX Titan (Quad SLI)
    In the R325 branch NVidia should be adding 2 screen spanning. The reason is to support 60hz gaming on the Sharp pnk321 ultra HD monitor (which i'm using) and the upcoming Asus monitor (which is a rebadged pnk321 or at least the same screen)

To get 60hz at 4k these monitors treat the monitor as 2 screens. 1920x2160 on each side.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/539645/nvidia-surround/2-monitor-gaming-/

Josh@NVIDIA
    Josh@NVIDIA
    :banana:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...round/2-monitor-gaming-/post/3796149/#3796149

personally i'm dieing for this drive update - playing games @ 30hz, while not as bad as you'd think, still kinda stucks. (the monitor support 4k res with one connection, but it is limited to 30hz)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    You can span over 2 displays but as already mentioned it's no good for gaming since the bezels meet up in center, that sucks for almost every game, from mmo to fps.

7. thisizbrian

thisizbrian Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SLI
    sell a few titans and grab a 3rd display.