Is there a way to force 75 hz refresh?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Lowki, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    my tv has a reported maximum refresh rate of 70hz you think I could use one of these programs to run 70FPS?

2. crookedview

crookedview Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    It's certainly worth a shot. All the programs do is adds a custom resolution/refresh rate.

3. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    do I need to use dvi or will this work with hdmi aswell?

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It's because of incorrect image format being sent to TV. Well it's correct to send 3D format, but totally unnecessary.

Your TV has FPR (Line polarization). So basically you need 1080p signal with odd lines for one eye and even for another.

install iZ3D, select Interleaved / 3D 24" inch (FPR). it works with most of games. Since it's goner application, only trial is available.

Always to switch Driver Off in Status menu when you are not gaming to prevent 3D mode in incompatible apps.
    You can add winamp/wmp/ anything into excluded list.

Options under Advanced> In-Game Setting will help you to get bugs out of some games.
    As for the output methods/trial. Each output method has separate trial which starts at moment you 1st run any game with it. So use 30 days FPR, then 30 interleaved. And you can use Side by side (over/under) method too, since TV supports that.
    Then... reset trial.

As for free AMD 3D DLP and AMD HD3D outputs, only minor number of drivers supports them :/ abut anyway, LG most likely does not support Checkerboard input.

I played whole Half-Life 2 in 3D and occasionally Killing Floor. Tomb Raider Guardian of Light is great too.

And Let me Know how big is input lag in your TV. I am still waiting for TV with lag bellow 33ms (2frames). Since VSync adds another frame to it and it's necessary since 3D effect gets unpleasant with tearing.

5. crookedview

crookedview Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    If you're only using 70Hz, DVI and HDMI should work. I'm using an HDMI cable with an HDMI-DVI adapter and running 75Hz no problem. I think when you get above 120Hz or so (I don't remember the number for sure) HDMI doesn't have enough bandwidth to push the picture properly.