Is there a stripped down version of the Nvidia drivers which can be fully endorsed?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by 0458315753, Mar 6, 2020.

1. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    I've seen some interesting projects floating around, at least ghacks.net has created articles. I already install the drivers manually from nvidia.com and use the custom installation option with only the GPU driver and Physx selected. I would much like disabling telemetry, especially if there's any real performance benefit. Optimally this tool would modify downloaded Nvidia installer packages, allowing to keep your system up to date.

In the past the Shield-related Nvidia stream service was enabled by default, but thankfully it doesn't seem to ship with the Nvidia drivers anymore.

2. 0458315753

0458315753 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
  3. SaiBork

SaiBork Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
  4. Heffro

Heffro New Member

GPU:
    EVGA XC RTX 2080
    I've had some issues with NVSlimmer and newer drivers, it hasn't been updated for awhile.

If you have issues with that, and you don't want to wait for Cryo, you can clean them yourself... at least with the standard driver I dunno how to do it with DCH. NVIDIA's website defaults to downloading the DCH version when you use the "GeForce Drivers" tab, but you can still download the standard driver by using the "All NVIDIA Drivers" tab.

Look in Cryo's thread, at the bottom of the first post. "How to: Clean Driver by Yourself Guide"

It's really easy.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    There's no performance benefit to doing anything but a manual clean install selecting only the items you want. Folks complain about telemetry yet do not get the connection with their other complaints in the delay in fixing bugs.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    A program similar to NVSlimmer is NVcleanInstall from TechPowerUp, it is updated often and has many features. I have used it ever since it started (about a yr), it can also set the graphic card to MSI mode by itself.

As HeavyHemi mentions there no performance over a clean bare min from NV setup, it just leans up task scheduler items.