Is there a problem wşth my FOLDING? it seems i cant get enough points with my new PC

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Mr.Bigtime, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    look at my scores..since more than 12 hours its folding and look at score..unacceptable..

with my q9650 i was doing better...where am i doing wrong? i entered my bonus code too to the console..maybe its wrong? how can i check it?

2. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    You haven't stated the system specifications so I am guessing that it is in your Profile:
    CPU i7 950 @ 3.06 GHz
    GPU GTX 480

Well, first off, it would be nice to see the FAHlogs but I am guessing that you are using:
    CPU -> SMP2 BETA Client v6.30
    GPU -> GPU3 BETA Client v6.32

Now I am guessing that the system isn't dedicated folding machine so have you tried -smp 7 to see if you can lower the TPF and achieve higher PPD. Also, please provide me the Project Number and TPF so it becomes easier to compare.

I have recently read that a user too was having this issue on their i7 and the "fix" was to disable all kind of power-saving features in the BIOS and select High Performance in the Windows power Scheme.

To recheck the passkey, simple restart the SMP2 Client with -configonly flag and it will show you the configured value like this [value] and if you press enter, it continues to the next one. With this method, you can verify that the entered passkey is correct.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    previously q9650 with nvidia 480

and now i7 950 with nvidia 480

The thing is u PMed me 3 links..i use normal folding apps and the third link was HIGH PERFORMANCE FERMI only app..maybe i was using it previously..iam sure i was using FERMI app..maybe i need to use it too...

and i think my pc uses power saving features..it shuts down monitor etc..let me check them too..

4. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    So you upgraded the system with new MOBO, CPU? Congrats.

Please post the FAHlog, I do remember the URLs that I gave you but it is better to double check them.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeha man new mobo ram and cpu...FAHlog? how will i get it?

6. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
  7. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    hey Mr.B

you need these clients on what you cave just stated

Q9650 smp client with maybe -smp3 flag (the 480 will need one thread/core)
    the 480 will need GPU3 client

the i7 950 with also need the smp client and again it will probably need the flag -smp7 (again the 480 will need one thread/core)
    and the 480 on that rig will need the gpu3 client

the q9650 will do at stock clock about 5000-6000k ppd but if you have to run it with -smp3 flag it could be a lot less
    the 480 should do about 15-16k ppd
    the i7 950 should do about 11-15k ppd again a bit less if runs at smp7

46k ppd is what you should be getting and with overclock it would be a lot higher

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    started to use GPU3 client and will check the score in the next days.. thank u alot guys.