Is there a mod out already for the Xbox 360 to play game backups?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Morketh, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Well I was looking around in my newzgroups and saw a download for a xbox360 game Madden06 and wondered why it was on there.. Is there a mod out for the xbox 360 already that will allow you to play backups of your purchased games? Why was that madden 06 game on there.. it was a download of 7 gigs jeezz!!! Whats the deal? Anyone know?

Nevermind, I answered my own question..

For those of you who want to know they are putting raw dumps of these xbox 360 games out there for download to encourage people to figure out how to get them to be able to play on the 360 as a backup instead of having to use your original game.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  2. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    I read today that the first versions of a mod chip are almost out for a release. They still have problems but they are expecting a working release in feb/mar... Go figure.... :pirate:

Hmm... I wonder what MS will do when they hear the news... I didn't expect a modchip to be available that soon...

3. Jotgga91

Jotgga91 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO
  4. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    Yeah well... I guess copyright laws vary from country to country. I think if the EULA of a game states that you are not allowed to create a backup (which is the case today with a lot of games) then you are violating copyright laws even by running backups...

Also installing modchips are modifications to xbox hardware which is protected by law. I don't think you are allowed to tamper with hardware and especially not when the main goal is to run copies of games. Most of those copies are obtained by illegal means.

However I think there is a fine line and this discussion is as difficult as any copyright related discussion. I think even lawmakers haven't really decided on that.

5. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Wow that realy is soon.

6. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    MS should have delivered a more complete and finished product... I mean, common, a 20 gig HDD...! :bolt:

I'm not sure but I think it took a lot longer with the previous XBOX to be modded.

7. tweakboy

tweakboy Banned

GPU:
    ASUS AX800XTPE@550/1215Mhz
    Well ya a 20g hard drive, a cheap ibm cpu, cheap 256mb ram,,, cheap sound.

This is why we have pc,

8. CJ3D

CJ3D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Ya I read an article saying that MS have learnt from the original XBox and its mod chips, and made the 360 **really** tuff to mod. But its only a matter of time ;)

9. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    Absolutely.... Thank god for that!!! :blunt: