Is there a legit way I can force AA and AF in my games?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xgpu, Jun 15, 2006.

1. xgpu

xgpu Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 @ 900/1340
    I remember reading some ATI Catalyst tweak guide at tweakguides.net, it had mentioned that you can force AA by simply not checking off the "application controlled" option for AA and AF and setting a specific scheme and going into the game and disabling it there. Thing is, I want to be able for force/run Temporal and Adaptive AA and some of the other neat AF features you can enable with the Catalyst, in all of my games and sorta see what works and what does not. I understand in most situations it's best to use the "in game option" but for games like GuildWars etc. they have some pretty crappy AA lvl's and there are still plenty more resource I can spare on using higher levels than the AA 4x GW offers. I remember back in the Nvidia days there was Nvhard page and a little check box that simply said "force aa in all applications" and so it would do just that, in every single game. Is there a similar app/methods built within the drivers or hiding in registry? or by any means of utilities? I tried ATI Tray Tool and simply can't stand the application nor, was there an option. ATI Tray Tool doesn't even have Temporal AA as an option from what I could dig up.

2. PMental

PMental Member

GPU:
    X1600 Pro 512Mb AGP @695/477
    I don't quite understand your problem to be honest?

Just select a level of AA instead of "Application preference" and off you go, forced AA. Just set any options you want in the driver and it'll show in the game, since you're forcing it. Whether it's turned on or off in the game shouldn't even matter.

3. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    turn the options to 'off' in game to make sure its forced properly

4. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Just to throw this in... In some games/applications no mater what you set in CCC the game/application will override it and do what it wants, regardless of the settings in the game/application.

I cannot remember any games where this is an issue (though I do remember it being an issue in one or two games)... But for example 3dmark06 will disable CCC settings to run the standard (free) bench mark run - I'm guessing so it is a more consistant test from system/user to system/user.

Other than those few games/applications - enabling settings inside CCC and disabling them inside the game, usually works just fine.