is there a "best" driver for unreal engine 4 games like pubg/fortnite ? or just newest is best?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alexander1986, Mar 6, 2019.

1. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    is it worth at all experimenting with older drivers than the most current one? ( at this moment 419.35 WHQL is latest but there is some experimental 421.xx driver )

things like min/avg/max fps and smoothness/frametimes, is there a big difference at all in older drivers vs newer ones in this engine or games like pubg/fortnite? thanks !

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Only if the latest one gives you an apparent degradation in either performance or some feature.

cryohellinc and alexander1986 like this.
  3. dexterav

dexterav Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 3090
    you must try on your setup
    i supose non exist generaly answer, yes this drviver is from heaven and you have +100% fps on all games and engines
    i am lucky guy because i have minimum issues and errors with almost any driver from NV
    and new driver be almost allways better than older for me

4. GatitoMimosin

GatitoMimosin Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeforceGTX1050ti

5. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    I'd say just install the driver that was released for Fortnite (do a clean install with DDU and only use it if you don't play anything newer than Fortnite) and you are good to go if you are worried about performance degradation. Also, you can also see what's your newest game that you have and install the driver for that game, no newer, no older, that should give you the performance you want, just Google: "nvidia game ready driver X game" and it should appear.

Here are the Fortnite drivers:

x64: https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-390-65-whql-driver-download,1.html

x32: https://www.guru3d.com/files-get/geforce-390-65-whql-driver-download,2.html