Is there a ati hotfix yet for fallout 3 ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by macdaddy, Jan 24, 2009.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I have been searching and can't seem to find hotfix for fallout 3 cf problem. Just wondering because this game has been out for awhile and i might of missed the boat. Anyways ATI needs to get its act together on the drivers issues. They need to allow us customized game profiles for games. Next build in 5 months time nvidia here i come. NHANCHER welcome back.

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    :moon:

0 problems here with Fallout 3, sure it's using 1 gpu but it's smooth as a baby bum even with a few mods (HD texture pack, night mod and more), rarely sinks below 50fps in the heat of the battle and absolutely no lag with every option maxxed out including 4x AA.

sure we did pay for a crossfire card and it would be ideal for games to use the technology but if performance is good just with 1 gpu then i'm not complaining, i would've complained if i had stability problems or graphics bugs.

nvidia or ati it don't matter, buy whatever works best for you. :coffee:

your question should've been asked either in the FALLOUT 3 thread (which you didn't).. or in the ATI section imo. :rolleyes:

3. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    YYW and at what resolution do you game at may i ask ? 800 x 600 :puke2:

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    fallout 3 does work with both GPU's. Simply ALT+TAB out of the game and then back in again and your FPS will sky rocket like mine did. But then after a while the game suddenly starts to get jumpy and it wont recognise the 2nd GPU and then your FPS will plumit as I dont think its even using the whole power of the 1 GPU.

This bug is pissing me off, as I really want to play this game.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    AS couple of questions.

What is your AF setting?

Did you upcap your fps changing the .ini files?

or do you use Vsync?

6. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    My problem is it should use 2 gpu and i doesn't I set everything max ultra settings in the launcher at 1920 x 1200. I monitor it with everest in sidebar i have dual monitor setup and see that only one gpu is used and some parts load hits 99%. While if i rename the fallout3.exe to oblivion.exe i can get CF and in cf mode its good but rarely does the 2 gpu goes over 50% load.

7. Mix-Master

Mix-Master New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Crossfire
    Crossfire does work with the 8.12's. But the hdr on/off bug in drivers or game is still there.

Got me 2 x 1gb 4870's and only been waiting for how long for ati to fix this.

Oh and renaming the exe to oblivion works well except for the massive oversaturation of hdr effects.

8. m.3ck

m.3ck Member

GPU:
    2x 4890 1GB CF
    I just reinstalled the game over the weekend for the DLC thats coming tuesday and I was suprised to see the hdr bug still there. I figured with a newest patch and a couple driver releases since I last played, it would've been fixed by now. :bang: Renaming the .exe fixes it but screws up getting any achievments. :(