is their any game that uses AA for real and not the fake sh1t?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I guess we all must be in that .1% then lol.

2. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
  3. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    [​IMG]

You expect damien to play like that ?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    ugh , she doesnt seem happy! i bet its the desk!

5. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Just seen a quote above (cannot see the actual post as he is on ignore) !

Sitting 6 feet from a 46" HDTV is not that absurd as if you look at official viewing distance for "X" screen size @ 1080p its actually pretty close to the TV and the further away you sit it may as well be only 720p and then even further way you get the less HD even matters and it may as well be SD.

You can Google it and see the charts on topic !

Also its total BS that when we grow up we go from a smaller monitor to a big TV !

A high end monitor is far better than any HDTV for gaming period.

1080p is only good to about 60" then it would need be higher than 1080p or you would see gaps in-between pixels if you did not sit very far away !

In fact Nvidia did not even want 1080p to be used it wanted to jump from 720p to 1440p !

Kiddies sitting on a settee playing 6-12feet from a big TV on both consoles is why we have crappy FOV's locked into today's game !

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i partially agree. Tv's have features to optimise the quality of the picture, a monitor doesn have those. (even the graphic cards are really lacking).
    when it comes to resolutions the monitor will win.

7. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If your meaning me, then i never said 6feet from a 46inch TV is absurd, i said closer than that is, as in sitting the same distance as you would from a 22inch monitor.

I also never said everyone grows up and will go from a monitor to a TV, i said alot do, not all, and getting older, and growing up are two different things.
    Alot of people prefer a monitor as sitting closer is more immersive to them, while others prefer a larger screen to increase the immersion, though if your a competitive MP FPS player i imagine sitting closer to a smaller monitor could help.

A 1080/1200 24inch monitor could also be hide more flaws in a game due to the pixels being much smaller, so if hiding flaws is better quality, then so be it.

I doubt its kiddies using very large TV's though, how many kids can afford a high end TV, over a PC monitor?

The point was each to their own, and the PC is all about freedom and choice, so to call anyone who uses a TV as a PC monitor not deserving to own a PC, is wrong on so many levels.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  8. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Besides, who says he didn't set up so he'd have his desk at that distance from the TV by the couch's side? I'm sure you can find cables long enough to do that.

9. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Hhahhaah, this "person" has me on ignore and hes agreeing with everything im saying. Hahahah , love it.

"A high end monitor is far better than any HDTV for gaming period." Yup I agree.

"Kiddies sitting on a settee playing 6-12feet from a big TV on both consoles is why we have crappy FOV's locked into today's game" Yup. Consoles are consoles, PCs are for desks.

10. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Thats a friggin table, not a desk.

11. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Sorry, im just sad PC users have gone the way of celebs.

THis person actaully decorates his PC. His ACTAULLY puts his cables away neatly, What a sad person tbfair. Its like, why? Why do it. Its a very homosexual preference to decorate and organise. Im a man, i just plug in and go.

Getting sick of geeks and nerds tbh. Wish it was the 90s again, where common sense rules, and proper human behavour.

This guy tucked his cables away.Unreal. Insane i tell thee.

Anyways, im just gonna call back later and see if damien comes in and replys.

12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Considering when i hit 25, i decided that sitting on a chair at a desk playing on a monitor was abit too geeky and nerdy for me to do anymore, and i had to grow up, i find it hilarious that someone is calling people kids or geeky and nerdy for using a TV instead of a monitor.

If you honestly believed in proper human behaviour you would respect other peoples opinions, and calling them homosexuals for being tidy is completely out of order.

Your post reminded me of this, bet you think it looks manly lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
  14. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Ok, I guess you like living in filth.
    Proper human behaviour? Humans are chaotic creatures but that does not mean being unorganized is what proper human behaviour is. It definately isn't common sense either.

But hey, keep at it, you're entertaining, much like the monkeys at the zoo.
    Boy what a laugh.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Who plays a game and stares at the screen trying to spot jaggies? I play a game to actually enjoy it. Not to pick apart every little graphical issue.

16. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Unless they were very obvious graphical issues. There are times however when you can't help but notice those jaggies, they just jump straight at you in certain games for some reason.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Get a better quality TV.
    My 46" Samsung looks great when I hook up my PC to it. And yes I sit about 6-7 feet away on my couch when I use my PC on my TV.

18. ThatDelirium

ThatDelirium Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Sitting as close to a TV as a monitor like he's suggesting a PC gamer would normally do, if your eyes aren't screaming in agony then you're probably some sort of superhuman.

Ah!

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i do it occasionally when im trying to judge image quality on a BluRay or a game, usually around 1ft away, and not only is it not be alot of fun for your eyes, your neck gets tired too lol.

I also do alot of :)puke2:sacrilidge) sociable gaming and having 3-4 people huddled round a small 24inch monitor is ridiculous and a little too cosy sounding for my liking.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    WTF TriGGlety what is ur problem, who the **** sits at a desk with a 46" tv in front of them, they would go blind after a month of that, you a total twat man

why am i acting like my pc is a console, people who dont live in their bedrooms and own a flat or house use a tv as its their main entertainment system and its far better using it with the comfort of a sofa than a desk and chair

**** me ive only read page 1+2 and want to come to ur house and bag ur head into the wall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.