is their any game that uses AA for real and not the fake sh1t?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    read back.

Quote"

Q:I'm not sure what kind of TV you're using, or how close you're sitting but you shouldn't have any real problem with jaggies at 1080p.
    Maybe it's time for a nicer TV set?

A:mate i have a brand new model a samsung 46" led slimline version, also i sit about 6ft away "

2. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So about the same distance as damien666 with his 46"

3. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Right this aint the 90s where you bought a screen for TV and seperate type of screen for PC.

TVs and TFT's can be used with PC's these days.

Its still getting used for his PC.
    Still, using a PC 6 feet away from screen, LMAO x infinity.

4. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Read up. But hes using a PC with it. :stewpid:

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So ?!? is it against the law to hook up a tv to your pc ?

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    TriGGlety stop acting like a idiot, and activate your brain for a change.

Why would he put a 46inch TV on a desk and sit closer than 6feet, he would damage his eyes in no time, and probably get neck problems too.

A small monitor on a desk might be ok for teenagers or those living at home in a bedroom, but once people grow up alot want to move their gaming to the living room and onto a large TV.

damien666, sorry to hear your still having on and off aliasing issues, have you subscribed to the Nvidia AA thread, alot of handy info in there, and might be better to ask your question in there.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3900552#post3900552

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    im sorry but i really dont get your point. he hooked up a beamer and a tv to his pc , what is the problem here ?

8. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Im saying no more till damien gets in.
    I wanna hear his exsuce for treating a PC like a console. 6 feet away? LMAO x 100000000.

Infact. damien heres the rules.
    PC - desk, chair = PC gaming.

/me thinks "more money than sence"

damien why you not PC gaming on witha desk, like 99.9% of other PC gamers.

9. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    @guy who started the thread.

Make a JPG file of resolution 1920x1080, and just put one pixel of black dot against white background.

Save the file..display it full screen on the display, take a scale and measure it.

Now Enable all the "AA" in any of your unsatisfied "AA fake game".

Take the same scale and measure the pixels where you feel you see "FAKE AA thingies", if its the SAME size..just impale your head into the TV.

Really lol, what else..you have a 46'' display with just 1920x1080 resolution..your DOT pitch will be more than 1/2 CM, to be approximate it will be more than .7 mm.

Normal Displays of 23'' 1920x1080 has a dot pitch of around 0.25.

End of the day, smaller Dot Pitch has the highest quality..if you have a 14'' display with 1920x1080..you don't even need AA to take out Aliasing..because your eye won't even be able to see it.

Edit -

Want a better example, take Iphone 3GS, Ipad and Iphone 4. Install Unreal Engine 3 Tech Demo "Epic Citadel" and play it.

1. Iphone 3GS: Ok Graphics, but jagged lines.
    2. Ipad: looks bad, LOADS of Jagged lines.
    3. Iphone 4: Excellent Graphics, because the dot pitch is so small..the image you see on the display is barely aliased. (indirectly related to higher resolution with the small physical display size)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  10. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Next he'll be telling us he PC games sitting on his sofa.
    Bet he does, as well.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    TriGGlety now im sure your trolling, you can't be that backward.

There are no rules when it comes to PC gaming, thats the freedom of the PC, to think there are rules show how out of touch you are with PC gaming these days.

I use my PC on a 47inch TV and sit 8feet away on a nice comfy couch, oh the horror lol.
    I'm sure WhiteLightning does the same and there are many many others who do this, and im sure none of them could go back to using some tiny little monitor on a desk.

12. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    wait what ??

what's wrong with hooking up a PC to a TV, i have my PC connected to my 42" LED SLIM LG TV too..

I use it to play games on, and watch my .mkv HD vids using PDVD, what's wrong with that, seriously ??

Hell, even KFA made wireless 460 to be hooked on TV.. and 6feet away ? what's wrong with that, i thought TV distance, is supposed to be 3x the size of the panel anyway, so ?

seriously Trigglety, you need some alprazolam or dumolid.

**oh and damien, could you post some screens ?

13. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    The only problem I have with the way he games is that he sits too close to the Tv for my liking. But that's a personal thing on my behalf and he can do whatever he wants with his hardware - if that's how he enjoys games then good on him.

I have multiple systems in my house, some of which I game on and others I do not. I game from the couch with both consoles and PC's. I even game while on/in bed with one of my machines hooked up to a nice HDTV which I find the epitome of a good Sunday. I also have a desk with a smaller screen for doing other things on which aren't quite as well suited to larger screen sizes.

I fail to see what point you're trying to make, and frankly you come across as a blithering idiot. I can only assume you're for some reason butthurt over other people having setups you can't afford and/or wished you had. What an utterly foolish thing to insult someone over such as the medium they game on.

14. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425
    +1...

15. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Oooh the "where the **** do you put your keyboard and mouse".

PCs = DESK, end of. Muppets use there PCs like a console.

Sitting on the sofa, ANOTHER lolz x 1000000000.

16. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    Sorry im from the 90s PC gaming.
    I also have a strong sense of whats right and wrong and what should be used where and what with and how.

He can use his PC in his bathroom for all I care.
    Im right, hes wrong with his PC usage ideas. But hey, I dont mind, im cool wit dat.

PS: PC gaming looks crap on a LCD TV.
    I tryed it with my 32" Samsung TV - HDMI cable. Worse picture than my old CRT 21"(VGA blue) and new 22" Philips (DVI white).

17. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    In other words: You're a 16 year old teen with severe growing-up-pains and have to rage at everything everywhere?

The door is over there ->

18. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    hey trigglety you weasel listen, if I had the cash Id be running 3 42" screens, because of eyefinity, you know that thing that pc hardware developers make for pc gamers that dont allways sit at theyre desk, see wut I did thar.

Sometimes I take my pc downstairs and hook up to my telly so I can play NFS hot persuit, am I not a pc gamer? oh noes Im not because trigglety says so!!!

My son (well he thinks its his ;) ) has a 360 sitting on the desk next to his pc and has a psp on a dock next to that, what does that make him,a traitor to pc gaming? choose your words bloody wisely pal thats my son got it. Im older and I like couches and comf, I have a laptop table and another small table next to my sofa that fits my KB+mouse perfectly.

You sir are a douchebag of the highest caliber, leave damien alone to enjoy gaming however he bloody likes. Im with the other guy I sense an infraction, whats got up your arse so badly anyway?

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He is from the 90's, and still stuck there lol, so he's out of touch with how it works in 2011.

Where do i put my keyboard/mouse?
    Anywhere i want, that the beauty and freedom of it, but usually on the same place i put my wheel if your asking.

1680x1050 and 22inch, that was what i used up till a month or so ago as a second monitor, and it in no way looked better than my 47inch TV, alot of people don't know how to use a PC on a TV, as the default settings usually aren't ideal for PC use, but a little common sense and all is good.

I've been PC gaming since the early 90's too, 80's if i count stuff like the Spectrum, grow up, your a 36year old acting like a elitist 16year old.

20. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    so u are old and not modern? lol x10000000 see how ur post are pointless help the guy if u want i u don t shut up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.