Is The RTX 3090 a Myth

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Killersjp, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    I don`t get it. The 3080 is everywhere on Youtube. No one has a 3090 unboxing or even a photo of one on a motherboard. Maybe they are super short on supply. I know many people say just get a 3080 but really the 3090 is only £200 more than my 2080 ti FE cost, so say i got a couple of hundred for my card it works out the same sort of price for I guess much more power.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its a titan renamed to be consumer card offering some extra performance and costs a kidney.

Even Jensen himself called a 3080 flagship not 3090.

XenthorX, Netherwind and itpro like this.
  3. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Everyone is happy with 3090. They look themselves on the mirror, they feel super rich and drink water to Jensen's health. They really believe they acquired a life now. 3090 points please. Here here! Thank you!

Live your myth. Live your legacy!

You shoot me down but I won't fall
    I am titanium!

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The 3090 releases a week after the 3080 on 24th September and the 3080's were shipped to reviewers 7 days before release so my guess is that reviewers will get them for 17th September so I would expect to start seeing numerous unboxing videos on YouTube on or around that date next week.

itpro likes this.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    As you know we've got NDAs in place for the 3080 series. We got 3080 teasers yesterday, reviews are on Monday and then sales start on Thursday. I believe we've got the same thing with 3090 so we can guess that teasers will be released next thursday or something?

Btw, there is a photo of a 3090 pre-production sample out there.

Regarding 3080 vs 3090, the main problem really is that you pay 100% more money for ~20% more power (at least theoretically). But if you can afford it, go right ahead.

6. SiMallV719

SiMallV719 Member

GPU:
    Rtx2080ti
    hopefully a 3080ti will appear once AMD bring out their Big Navi? well I can but dream, I want more vram than the 3080 gives

7. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    I guess will have to see real performance in reviews on the net at 4K. One advantage is that extra week to see reviews of the 3080. I do find it amazing that Nvidia doesn’t let the reviewers who have been sent a card actually show it running. I would have thought if the jump is that amazing that they would love to show how much better it is before it’s release. I know people will comment that nvidia showed performance, but no performance compared to a 2080 ti. Will find out soon I guess

8. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    One thought on the price. I would have thought a few people here would have spent the sort of money a 3090 costs on a holiday plus spending money etc. Well that’s gone in a week or two where a graphic card will last a few years. Just trying to justify it. That’s the point I put to my wife. He he

9. SiMallV719

SiMallV719 Member

GPU:
    Rtx2080ti
    I use the same, plus if you give up smoking, you can use the "I' saving £3500 a year on not smoking", so card is cheap, 3x holidays plus 3 years smoking @ $15000 or £1500 on card that will last 3 years
    I got it all sorted.... thank god she doesn't smoke and doesn't like flying lol gives me money for PC's
    roll on the 3090... or will there be a 3080ti :eek::D

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol

ZXRaziel likes this.