1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Creative Sound Blaster Omni Surround 5.1 USB Soundcard worth getting?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by thecake90, Jan 19, 2015.

1. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
  2. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Depends, what you want to drive with it? Amp/Receiver, speakers, phones, etc...?

regards
    ,RagDoll.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    little off topic....

I just googled your Marantz SR5005 to see what is was... took one look at the back of it.... JESUS ALL THE CONNECTIONS!!! lol

[​IMG]

4. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yup, she's a pretty decent A/V receiver, thanks :) Basically, it's got all I need, HDMI through to multi channel Analog, one of the old midrange Receiver back in the day, however, now they are hard to find... Also, I'm running it as my Preamp and an Onkyo A/V Receiver as my Amp, which has 2 dedicated Subwoofer out's. This gives me 9.2 channels, more if I need it lol

regards
    ,RagDoll.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    I had the sound blaster omni and it is a good external sound card for the price. It uses the same headphone amp the sound blaster Z uses and it pretty much has the same software suite. If you can find it at a good price it would be worth it. But only if your planning on using analog 5.1 or the headphone connections on it.

6. Loster

Loster Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW3 2080TI
    I got the Omni Surround 5.1 USB Soundcard and i am really happy with it.
    I do have the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB as well which i used for years before i bought the Omni5.1 and i think the Omni5.1 is much better quality wise and clearer sound wise, especially for driving my 600-Ohm beyerdynamic dt-880 headphones.
    I do recommend it with no doubt.

7. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Well, currently I have a pair of cheap speakers :p though I am planning on upgrading to a 100 Euro headset soon.

Do you guys think that it will make a difference?

8. Murcer_Borg

Murcer_Borg Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980M(MSI)8GB
    I have one and I'm very satisfied , however the tech behind is nothing new it is refurbished XFi Surround 5.1 pro USB , it does Dolby digital Live , Dolby and DTS for media depending which one is in use , it host a nice features of connections including Optical , Software wise...well it uses the SBX software solution again everything works well . Recommended only if you don't already have XF Surround 5.1 USB .